125 Maiden Lane
The Development Assistant and Office Manager provides critical support to the development department and the New York office. This is an excellent entry level position for a highly-organized, detail-oriented individual with a “can do” attitude. The Development Assistant and Office Manager is supervised by the Deputy Director and serves as part of a dynamic national Development team.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
Development Assistant (80%)
● Daily entry of donations for all Avodah sites in Salesforce;
● Maintain the Salesforce database;
● Prepare and batch validated credit card donations for data entry;
● With a partner, open all mail and log all incoming checks and make bank deposits;
● Serve as backup administrator for Avodah’s CRM system;
● Prepare and send donor acknowledgement letters and manage personalization of same;
● Prepare donor lists for local and national fundraising appeals and communication initiatives;
● Assist in the planning and preparation of fundraising mailings to major donors;
● Create a variety of database reports for the management and fundraising teams as needed;
● Manage Avodah’s use of our peer-to-peer fundraising online giving platform; and
● Other support activities for the development team as needed.
New York Office Manager (20%)
● Coordinate new local employee arrival and orientation;
● Coordinate with vendors to manage all office systems including phones, local computer hardware and internet access, etc.;
● Order hardware and office supplies with an eye on cost saving measures;
● Update Avodah letterhead as necessary;
● Reserve conference room space for all local meetings as needed;
● Serve as national host for and setting up local connection to video and audio components for all-staff calls; and
● Perform other office-related administrative duties as assigned by supervisor.
WORK EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
● Superb attention to detail and highly organized.
● Ability to take initiative, problem-solve and master new technologies.
● Track record as enthusiastic, collaborative, dependable team player.
● Familiarity with database management, preferably in a nonprofit development office setting.
● Ability to handle a high volume of work and complete tasks efficiently and accurately.
● Strong computer skills, including Google Documents and Excel.
● Experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM database software preferred.
● Experience with managing peer-to-peer online fundraising platforms preferred.
Health insurance, dental, vision, pension, flexible spending account, Jewish holidays, parental leave, life insurance.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Mia Marais at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: Development Assistant and Office Manager. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls, please. We apologize that because of the volume of applications, we are able only to respond to those applicants granted an interview.
Applications will be accepted until we hire, but we strongly encourage interested candidates to submit their applications by March 1, 2018.
Avodah is an equal opportunity employer. Sephardic and Mizrahi Jews, people of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, LGBTQIA people, and people who come from poor or working class backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.