Department: DOROT Westchester
Reports To: Director, DOROT Westchester
Status: Full-time, non-exempt
About DOROT Westchester: Since 2004, DOROT Westchester has been providing programs and services to predominantly home-based older adults in Westchester. With a team of social workers spearheading our work, and hundreds of volunteers committed to our mission we offer: Telephone Friends, Package Deliveries, Friendly Visiting, occasional home visiting opportunities, select group programming in-person and by phone, Intergenerational Chess, and Information &Referral services. DOROT Westchester is on a growth trajectory, expanding the number of older adults served and programs offered.
Position Summary: DOROT Westchester seeks a dynamic, tech savvy, and hard-working individual to provide support and office assistance for the team. The Program Administrator will work with the Director to streamline, support, and enhance day-to-day operations of the department, current programs and new growth opportunities. The ideal candidate possesses good judgement. strong customer service and client engagement skills, an affinity for older adults, and has a track record in creative problem solving under pressure.
- Be an important contributor and collaborator on the DOROT Westchester team.
- Be the team’s main point of contact for phone, email, and in-person, communication, demonstrating kindness, and professionalism at all times:
- Serve as receptionist for all calls inquires and guests.
- Respond to all requests from seniors and volunteers for information, referrals, and materials.
- Coordinate office logistics, maintain an inventory of office supplies and facilitate technology/equipment requests.
- Help arrange and assist with Westchester programs and initiatives, from planning and execution of logistical preparations through follow-up phases.
- Support outreach efforts for volunteer and senior recruitment.
- Input data, prepare reports and ensure the organization, accuracy and integrity of data using DOROT’s Client Information Management System (Salesforce platform), the Westchester County Peer Place system and Excel spreadsheets.
- Develop and modify administrative systems and procedures for new and evolving program needs.
- Support the Director with analyzing data and program outcomes for funder and other reporting needs.
- Plan and manage logistical preparations for group programs.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; commensurate experience considered
- 1-2 years of professional office and/or program experience
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, work independently and integrate new learnings
- Experience or interest in working with older adults
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong administrative, organizational and customer service skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and attend to details in a deadline driven, busy environment
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a team player, who can work collaboratively and take initiative, as needed
- Availability to work approximately 4–6 Sundays per year for special events and Package Deliveries
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required, experience with Salesforce preferred