Development Coordinator (8-month temporary position)
- Job posted by 9to5, National Association of Working Women
Details: $2,500 - $3,000 per month, pretax, commensurate with experience (30 hours/week or 0.75 FTE)
501 Pulliam St SW Ste 344
Job Announcement: Development Coordinator (30 hours/week)
This is a temporary, 8-month position July 16, 2018 - March 15, 2019
9to5 is seeking an experienced fundraising professional, to be based in our Atlanta, GA office. The Development Coordinator will help manage and support our individual donor fundraising, foundation grants and earned income strategies. The Development Coordinator will work closely with the 9to5 Senior Leadership Team and chapter Directors.
9to5 lifts women’s voices, joins diverse communities, and organizes together to win a world of justice and equality for everyone. It’s a space where people get involved and take action together to make a better world. For 45 years, 9to5’s work has built collective power with women in this country who struggle for basic rights. We work to win equal pay, paid family leave and paid sick days, affordable housing and transit and other issues that impact working women and their communities. Our current annual budget is $2.2M, with a staff of 20, based in our offices in Atlanta, Denver and Milwaukee.
Summary of Responsibilities
Work with 9to5 senior leadership team and other staff to execute fundraising campaigns and strategies, including:
- Lead implementation of our annual donor fundraising campaign, including support and coordination for our team of 9to5 staff and member fundraisers.
- Assist with cultivation of foundation relationships, grants prospecting, grant writing and grants management and tracking.
- Maintain the donor database, process donations, send acknowledgements.
- Help coordinate regular donor communication and cultivation.
- Support creation and implementation of donor development / outreach publications and materials, including appeal letters, newsletters and online materials.
- Assist with periodic special events.
- Perform other duties as necessary and assist with special projects when requested.
Job Qualifications and Experience
- At least three years demonstrated work experience in applying a diverse set of fundraising strategies, including grant writing, donor communication and cultivation, grassroots fundraising, database management.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to work effectively with staff based in other geographical locations.
- Good planning skills, time management, ability to prioritize work and account for results.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow through on tasks.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills a must.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience with online fundraising/social media strategies a plus.
- Commitment to 9to5’s mission and social change goals, with an interest in fundraising and movement-building.
- A commitment to racial and gender equity and dismantling all systems of oppression.
The position is 30 hours per week (0.75 FTE), and located in our Atlanta, GA office. Pro-rated salary range, based on experience, is $30,000 to $36,000 annually ($2,500 to $3,000 pre-tax, per month at 30 hours/week). Wages reflect total compensation for this short-term position. 9to5 is an affirmative action employer. Women of color, lesbian and bisexual women, women with disabilities and older women are encouraged to apply.
Position will report to a member of 9to5’s Senior Leadership Team; our Development Director will be on maternity leave. Timeframe for this temporary position approximately 7/16/2018 to 3/15/2019 (8 months).
Level of Language Proficiency
English language proficiency required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume, cover letter of interest and list of 3 references via email to:
email@example.com with “Temporary Development Coordinator Position” as the subject line.
Applications will accepted until June 15, 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; we recommend submission as soon as possible.
For more information about 9to5 visit our website at 9to5.org.