The LA Program coordinator supports Good+Foundation’s mission by managing and building relationships with 50+ non-profit grantee partners and the oversight of and timely distribution of children’s goods to these partners in the Los Angeles market.
- Cultivates and maintains strong relationships between Good+Foundation and the LA grantee partners. Maintains and strengthens necessary systems, processes, and tools to provide essential children’s items as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Carefully reviews all product requests and strategically determines how to best fill these requests for 50+ nonprofit organizations in the LA area. This includes pulling children’s gear (strollers, car seats, cribs, bibs, bottles, etc.) from warehouse shelving and pallets to prepare each partner’s monthly donation.
- Coordinates all aspects of delivery and/or pick-ups of all children’s gear donated to 50+ grantee partners and manages relationships with auxiliary partners as needed.
- Supports the Good+Foundation volunteer program by identifying appropriate projects for all volunteer activities based on real-time program needs. Sets up, facilitates, and cleans up after volunteer groups, both in-house and offsite, and supports youth service opportunities.
- Coordinates LA baby gear purchasing projections and determines quarterly needs based on relevant data analysis.
- Manages all grantee partner communications and data tracking including but not limited to: electronic request forms, donation receipts, surveys, applications, and grant agreements. Evaluates prospective grantee partners to determine eligibility and assess current grantees to confirm adherence to grant agreements.
- Works with grantee partners to secure impact stories, thank you letters, pictures, etc. to demonstrate the impact of Good+Foundation donations.
- Conducts site visits to better understand the services provided by grantee partners and the appropriate distribution of goods. Plans and implements program outings/events for grantee partners, as opportunities arise.
- Conduct grantee partner training needs assessment and identifies skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed. Gather feedback from trainers and trainees after each training session. Support Good+ Training Academy sessions as needed.
- Works closely with LA operations team to process, organize, and manage inventory in our warehouses, including participation in full quarterly/annual inventories by deadline and assisting with receiving, processing, and reporting of individual product donations, corporate donations, and donor drives.
- Provides support for the main phone line with a focus on providing excellent customer service to all donors.
Related skills and knowledge:
- Willing to work hands-on with physical inventory in a warehouse setting, including preparing donations, and sorting through and moving inventory of large children’s products (cribs, strollers, car seats, etc.) to maintain organization
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, social workers, and/or caseworkers
- Experience facilitating large groups/working with volunteers and providing excellent customer service.
- Experience tracking program data in Excel or other database formats and familiarity working with electronic inventorying systems
- Able to effectively organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks to meet established deadlines in a fast-paced work environment. Distributes all communications in a timely manner, paying careful attention to timelines and deadlines for both LA and national Good+Foundation program tasks.
- Experience working as a member of a small team and willingness to jump in whenever necessary.
- Ability to pick up new information quickly, while taking direction and guidance well.
- Grantmaking/foundation experience and working with grantee partners, a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish, a plus.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Schedule: 40 hours a week, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM with occasional weekend work. We are looking for someone who can be flexible with hours when events and volunteer groups require a shift in schedule.
Good+Foundation is a leading national nonprofit that works to dismantle multi-generational poverty by pairing tangible goods with innovative services for low-income fathers, mothers, and caregivers, creating an upward trajectory for the whole family. Today, the organization partners with a national network of social service programs to pair goods – such as cribs, car seats, and diapers – with life skills training, employment assistance, financial literacy, co-parenting classes, and more
Good+Foundation has offices and warehouses in New York City and Los Angeles and strategically distributes more than $7 Million worth of goods each year across the country. In 2020, 92 percent of expenses went directly back into Good+ programs. The organization has earned seven consecutive 4-star ratings on Charity Navigator – the highest rating possible – as well as a GuideStar Platinum Seal of Transparency and accreditation by the Better Business Bureau’s Wise Giving Alliance for transparency, efficiency, and operations.