205 East 42nd Street
Under the guidance and supervision of the Deputy Director of Community and Family Engagement, the highly successful partnership manager will have a background in community engagement and partnership development with a deep commitment to forging opportunities for schools to partner with their local communities around student learning and student support services. The partnership manager will work as a member of the community and family engagement team and will have a strong collaboration with school support teams and instructional teams, to support the development of sustainable partnerships and opportunities that will support student student learning and social emotional needs. The partnership manager will also play a key role in identifying; cataloguing and brokering school partnership opportunities that enhance post secondary readiness.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and cultivate relationships with community based organizations, faith leaders, elected officials, civic and community leaders that lead to community involvement and support for New Visions’ network of schools and student learning goals.
- Convene key stakeholders informational meetings and think tanks in order to facilitate the implementation of student opportunities through advisory programs, college and career readiness, and enhance core content and elective courses.
- Design and implement community based events (e.g. community forums, issues convenings, etc) that will further both organizational understanding of CFE department goals and deeper understanding of community issues that impact our schools (e.g. foster care; homelessness, etc.)
- Facilitate network wide professional development and/or individual coaching sessions to build school staff capacity to leverage, manage and sustain partnerships and community relations.
- Collaborate with the post secondary readiness team to align partnership development and career readiness goals. Where appropriate support College Awareness and Access Network (CAAN) meetings, participate in New Visions sponsored student focused college readiness activities (e.g. college trips; scholarship reviews etc.); and build school capacity to implement career readiness strategies (e.g. WFR framework, WBL pilots etc.)
- Provide support to community and family engagement team members to further the family engagement and student recruitment goals of the New Visions charter and affinity network.
Community Engagement Systems and Infrastructure
- Refine, update and revamp the New Visions Charter High School internship website and resources to reflect current policies, emerging best practices and ensure alignment with the CFE Department’s career readiness goals.
- Cultivate community interest and engagement with New Visions schools by showcasing school based partnership examples across the Charter and Affinity network.
- Work with schools and community partners to identify partnership milestones, outcomes and systems to both document and assess the value add of community engagement strategies and practices.
- Collaborate with the data team to inform and determine ways to embed community and family engagement priorities in the current design and future adaptations of the data portal.
- Collaborate with Deputy Director of Career Readiness to implement career readiness systems and strategies to ensure that all students gain work based competency and are prepared for fulfilling careers post high school graduation.
- Identify and catalogue community issues and resources that foster relevance and connection to student learning, foster community engagement and involvement in student projects.
- Assess school needs and provide training and support to school staff including teachers and school leadership representatives in order to build their capacity to leverage and integrate community assets and resources that support teaching, learning and improved student outcomes.
- New Visions Affinity, Charter Department, SysDaar, Policy, External Affairs and Tech Teams
- All staff in the network of New Visions schools: leadership, teachers, operations and students
- Community Based Organizations, faith-based organizations, higher education institutions, workforce development programs, elected leaders, and community members
Required Competencies and Skills:
- Ability to develop systems and protocols in support of the identification, engagement and retention of partnerships.
- Excellent interpersonal and teaming skills and ability to interface and establish a rapport with diverse constituencies including teachers, principals, public officials, key external agencies and community leaders representing various sectors.
- Experience providing professional development, technical assistance and/or capacity building supports to schools and community supporters.
- Strong analytic skills (planning and operational).
- Excellent writing, communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Master’s degree (MA, M.ED, MPA degree preferred) from an accredited college in community organizing, urban education, public administration, public policy, education policy and planning or related fields.
- Five years satisfactory full-time professional experience in developing school-community partnerships preferably in NYC at the high school level.
New Visions for Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit cover letter and resume via online application.