Headquarters: 199 Water Street
The Legal Aid Society's Finance Department has an immediate opening for a Financial Analyst -- Billing. This position requires very strong analytical skills coupled with advanced technological capabilities in order to analyze accounts receivable, cash flow, and program forecasting.
* Act as liaison with the Civil Practice regarding program finance activity
* Analyze AR relating to contracts and grants monthly; review accuracy, identify variances and trends, and report results in a clear and concise manner
* Monitor program spending, assist in forecasting and budget preparation
* Assist in AR reduction and collections
* Prepare OCA Forecasts for JRP and Case Cap
* Review cash flow projections and maintain the cash revenue forecast
* Develop, maintain, and distribute ad hoc reports and financial models as needed
* Acquire, manage, manipulate, and analyze large amounts of data from multiple sources utilizing Excel, other Microsoft Office Suite tools, and other software as needed
* Focus on frequent and critical special projects
* Provide strong technical and analytical support to the Billing Operations team
* Create, change, and modify Financial Edge reporting
* Act as an additional resource to automate processes and reporting in order to enhance billing efficiency
* Other duties as assigned
Manhattan - Legal Aid Society Headquarters
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related technical field preferred
* 4-6 years of relevant work experience
* Advanced Excel skills
* Strong analytical mind
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Extremely organized with ability to respond to internal and external customer requests
* Must be able to meet deadlines
* Ability to work well in a team environment
* Sense of professionalism and confidentiality, and a strong work ethic
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The leadership of The Legal Aid Society is committed to a work culture of zealous advocacy, respect, diversity and inclusion, client-oriented defense, access to justice and excellent representation. We are dedicated to building a strong professional relationship with each of our clients, to understanding their diverse circumstances, and to meeting their needs. Our ability to achieve these goals depends on the efforts of all of us.
HOW TO APPLY
You must apply online at the LAS Recruitment Portal. The Legal Aid Society is reducing its carbon footprint and therefore paper applications are not accepted. Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not a PDF, your application will not be processed. Applications submitted without all the required materials will not be processed.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Women, People of Color, Members of the LGBTQ+ communities, Veterans, and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required