Details: Commensurate with experience, plus competitive vacation and benefits package
New York Cares Background
New York Cares provides a lifeline of support to New York City’s most vulnerable residents by developing and managing volunteer programs that respond to pressing community needs. As the city’s leading volunteer management organization, we annually engage more than 65,000 corporate and individual volunteers in service to 550,000 at-risk New Yorkers. Our programs reach many issues areas through our central goals to increase educational outcomes, relieve immediate needs of vulnerable populations, and revitalizing deteriorating public spaces for all New Yorkers.
New York Cares prides itself on a culture of excellence, defined by integrity, reliability and professionalism. We were the 2009 Winner of the New York Times Company Nonprofit Excellence Award, and have been recognized as a top-notch employer by The NonProfit Times, Crain’s New York, the Princeton Review, and The Wall Street Journal.
The Corporate Relations Officer is an exciting opportunity for a front-line fundraising professional to bridge the gap between the corporate and nonprofit sectors. The Officer will grow and manage relationships with a portfolio of 50+corporate partners to raise more than $1 million for community-based programs. The ideal candidate will be a strategy-focused, collaborative fundraiser with a drive to build new funding streams.
- The Officer reports to the Director of Development, Institutional Relations. Primary responsibilities:
- Steward relationships with corporate contacts to maintain and grow funding partnerships.
- Research new funding sources and design creative strategies to secure new sponsorships.
- Create pitches and proposals for new and existing corporate partners.
- Lead pitch meetings with new and existing corporate prospects.
- Negotiate corporate partnerships to ensure mutually beneficial value.
- Collaborate with internal departments to design and implement corporate volunteering programs.
- We seek a motivated, creative thinker with direct fundraising experience, who is passionate about helping corporations meet the community’s most pressing needs. Successful candidates will possess:
- Three years of fundraising, sales, and/or account management experience.
- Superb communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with high attention to detail.
- Track record of meeting deadlines and successfully managing concurrent projects.
- Knowledge of corporate social responsibility and industry trends.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Broad computer skills; knowledge of Salesforce.com, PowerPoint a plus.
Minimum Education Required