DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization,
serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.DREAM
is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as a Middle School Program Manager
. The Middle School Program Manager will work with the Middle School Dean of Programs to oversee the day-to-day management and operations of the afterschool and summer programs, including the supervision of up to 10 part-time staff and management of compliance needs based on specific grant requirements. The Manager will be a key player in the design and implementation of enrichment and life skills during school day, afterschool and summer programming. Additionally, they will provide support in academics, school culture, and family partnerships. The successful candidate will be a skilled leader and manager of youth development programs who has a desire to make a lasting impact on the East Harlem community while providing excellent youth programming.
Like all DREAM employees, the Middle School Program Manager should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and maxims of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supervise day-to-day operations of after-school program site to ensure youth participate in activities at high levels:
- Design schedule with support of the Dean of Programs
- Design and lead workshops and peer groups for middle school students about issues such as sexual health, community service, peer mediation, self-care and communication;
- Manage data collection and record-keeping to ensure accurate reporting;
- Ensure afterschool funding metrics are met by collaborating with teammates to drive attendance and enrollment goals;
- Lead program communication to participants, families, and staff;Hire, develop, and oversee program part-time staff;
- Provide part-time staff with targeted coaching and development through regular supervision, staff meetings, DREAM's PEP process and Program Quality Observations
- Manage DREAM's 6-week summer program, Dream University:
- Support with hiring of part-time staff, teachers and DREAM's high school students
- Design and implement summer schedules
- Lead family communication, recruitment and enrollment for Dream University
- Support DREAM's Middle School integrated model with school day activities:
- Facilitate and support enrichment activities, family engagement initiatives, and school events
- Participate as an active member of a middle school grade team; attend meetings, provide feedback, recommend behavioral interventions and assist with content knowledge development;
- Serve as a Middle school advisor by facilitating an advisory group designed to foster social-emotional development and overall well-being of students through discussion, projects, and relationship-building;
- Serve as a member of the Middle School Student Life Team:
- Collaborate with academic, athletics health and wellness, social-emotional learning, and family and community engagement teams to identify and provide support for students;
- Collaborate with Youth Development Specialists, Assistant Dean of Culture, and High School Access and Alumni Support Coordinator to strengthen school culture through attendance accountability, infusing joy and supporting with engagement; provide culture feedback, support implementation of circles and restorative practices
- Provide additional support as needed to DREAM Middle School.
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Prior experience with youth development, including lesson planning and/or curriculum creation required;
- Group facilitation experience required;
- Experience managing partnerships and creating connections within the community;
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills;
- Excellent planning skills, high attention to detail, and a skilled problem solver;
- Deep embodiment of DREAM's mission, including a belief that all students can succeed, and organizational values of teamwork, diversity, integrity and fun.
- Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403(B) retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
DREAM Big.DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/eoOmgqHdaEeYczO1h8zVZ" />