Director of Development, US East-West Province, Northeast Region
- Job posted by Sisters of Notre Dame De Namur East West Province
The Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur (SNDdeN) are an international congregation of women religious committed to making known God’s goodness and educating for life. As women with hearts as wide as the world, they work with and among people living in poverty, especially women and children in the most abandoned places. They invite others to partner with them in proclaiming this mission.
As part of a comprehensive US East-West Province Development Office, the Director will play a unique role in expanding the program across the country, focusing on the northeast. The Director will be responsible for securing resources in the northeastern area of the United States to further the mission of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur. The Director will collaborate with and be accountable to the EW Province Executive Director of Development.
The Director will have the support of an advisory committee and other experienced Development Directors from US Notre Dame de Namur advancement programs to provide direction and suggest resources.
- Become acquainted with the history and heritage of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur
- Establish new or renewed contact with graduates, co-workers, family members, friends, staff, donors, and former members as partners in the Notre Dame de Namur mission
- In conjunction with the Executive Director of Development, US East-West Province, implement in the northeast the EW Province Development Plan which includes Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Annual Giving, Memorial Tributes, and grants
- Collaborate with the EW Communications Director to provide regional stories and news for various EW communications
- Work with Sisters and Associates to build personal support by sharing names of their friends and family in order to strengthen the program database
- Assist in the establishment of online vehicles such as website pages, e-newsletters, and social media in order to effectively tell the Notre Dame de Namur story in the northeast
- Work closely with the Northeast Development Advisory Committee
- At least three years of administrative experience in fundraising, communications/marketing, and event planning
- Ability to represent the Sisters and learn from them
- Appreciation of the long-time relationships that Sisters have enjoyed with graduates,
- co-workers, family members, friends, staff, and Associates
- Evidence of skills in creativity, teamwork, multi-tasking, technology
- Evidence of excellent written and oral communications skills
- Knowledge of the teachings and values of the Catholic Church and ease with being
- in a faith-centered environment
- Strong relational skills and ability to collaborate and work well with others
- College degree in a related field
- Experience working with religious organizations (preferred)
- Ability to travel (as necessary)
- The Director of Development: US East-west Province, Northeast Region is accountable to the Executive Director of Development for the US East-West Province.
Health, Dental, 401 K, FSA, Health Reimbursement
Minimum Education Required