FOUR PAWS International is an international animal welfare organization with headquarters in Vienna, Austria and several operating offices around the world. It's U.S. based office is located in Boston, MA (FOUR PAWS USA.) FOUR PAWS International advocates for more humanity towards animals and does so through emergency response and disaster relief work, campaigns, sanctuary operations, and partnerships. FOUR PAWS International has been in operation for over 30 years on a global scale and is excited to be expanding it's U.S. office. We are looking for a passionate, hard- working animal lover like you!
The Grant Writer will be responsible for developing and writing grant proposals and other development collateral materials targeted to foundations, corporations, major donors, and individuals.
Primary / general responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility for securing between five and six-figure grant related revenue for FOUR PAWS priorities on an annual basis.
- Develop and implement an annual business plan, multi-year strategy, and objectives for corporate and foundation grant fundraising.
- Research, prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals that demonstrate a compelling need for financial support.
- Communicate regularly with leadership and program staff on status of pending proposals.
- Work with senior leadership and program staff to gather data and metrics necessary for grant submissions.
- Assess and report back to funders on grant deliverables.
- Maintain grants calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, reports and stewardship activities.
- Remain well-informed on animal welfare issues and FOUR PAWS’ activities through interaction with the Programs and Communications departments.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as directed.
- Bachelors degree and 3-5 years of grant writing and development experience.
- Knowledge of fundraising cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques.
- Excellent writing, proofreading and communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate the FOUR PAWS mission and programs to potential donors and funders.
- Effective working knowledge of MS Office products.
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals.
- Experience in Raisers Edge.
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required