1435 NE 81st, Suite 100
Position Description: Supported Housing Specialist,
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: $34,000 full time exempt
JOIN (joinpdx.org) is a non-profit organization that exists to support the efforts individuals and families experiencing homelessness to transition off the streets and into permanent housing. We are inspired by the vision of a community where everyone has a place to call home.
JOIN has an organizational commitment to equity and inclusion, and to ensure that programs and staff culture are equitable in both access and outcomes regardless of race, ethnicity, faith, culture, language, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or family status. JOIN is committed to pursuing effective strategies and devoting dedicated time and resources at every level of the organization to address disparities based on identity and to apply an equity lens to all decisions, programs, and policies.
This position will provide leadership and support surrounding JOIN’s long-term voucher programs ensuring that JOIN is in compliance with all contract requirements and performance goals. This will necessitate the development and implementation of new data collection and reporting systems, close communication with JOIN direct service staff, and ongoing training to stay current on all things voucher related included HUD’s Continuum of Care Guidance and local Coordinated Access developments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Keep up to date list of Permanent Supportive Housing and other long-term voucher program enrollees by program
· Work with Outreach Lead and the Coordinated Access match committee to enroll new participants for HOPE, NOWHome, & ICH SPC Home2Stay programs
· Submit monthly rent and utility check request for HOPE and NOWHome programs.
· Audit all packets and check requests for HOPE, NOWHome, and GresHOME to ensure all paper work is complete, requests are eligible, and the right funding source is identified
· Coordinate annual renewals for permanent supported housing programs. This includes reminding Retention Workers to certify current income and any changes, verify rent responsibility calculations, ensure Fair Market Rent unit eligibility, AND ensuring that information gets communicated to HMIS. For HOPE, this also includes tracking the primary care provider status of every enrollee.
· File Management – make sure every enrollee has a complete and up-to-date packet filed
· Facilitate communication between partners, HomeForward, and JOIN line workers
· Primary responsibility for all Annual Performance Report and match reporting in SAGE
· Additional data entry as time allows to support Data objectives in general.
· Engage in JOIN’s equity and anti-racist work at the full-staff, program-specific, and individual professional level
· Apply an equity lens to work with staff, service users, volunteers, donors, and community partners
Experience and Core Competency
· Familiarity with federal voucher eligibility and compliance issues
· Familiarity with HMIS systems and federal data systems (ex : esnaps, SAGE)
· Demonstrated ability to develop and implement data collection and tracking systems
· Experience working with individuals and/or families experiencing homelessness
· Must be self- motivated and work well in unstructured, sometimes chaotic environment
· Experience working on equity and inclusion
· Operate effectively in a non-traditional organization, with lower levels of supervision and management infrastructure
· Be well versed in using computers and data management programs, social media and phones
Equal Opportunity Employer
JOIN values the strengths that a diverse workforce offers and is committed to honoring the dignity of every individual. On behalf of the board, staff, and people we serve at JOIN, thank you for your interest in supporting our mission.
JOIN is committed to applying a racial equity lens to our work and workplace, and is working toward becoming an anti-racism organization. All persons of every race, ethnic background, spiritual belief, economic status, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or personal ability are welcomed to apply, and candidates from marginalized communities, including lived experience of homelessness or housing instability, are highly encouraged. JOIN hires people with felony records.
Minimum Education Required