Details: Up to $1 per year
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is one of the nation's most effective environmental action organizations. We use law, science, and the support of some 2.4 million members and activists to protect human health and the environment which supports it, as well as the planet's wildlife and wild places. Founded in 1970, NRDC staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws. Today, our staff of nearly 600 passionate environmental advocates - including lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, the development team and others - work to protect and create environmental progress at home and abroad from offices in New York; Washington, DC; Chicago; Los Angeles; San Francisco; Bozeman, Montana; and Beijing.
Under the direction of the Membership Director, the Member Services Officer is responsible for assisting our Members with any questions or concerns they have about NRDC or their membership. Additional duties include updating member materials, creating and maintaining a library of membership resources, drafting and sending communications to members, and maintaining our Alumni database.
- Coordinate special acknowledgments to Members including donations via stock, IRA, special fundraising events, matching gifts, and work place giving
- Monitor the membership information telephone lines and reply to inquiries
- Maintain and update membership materials such as the Membership Brochure
- Create and update a membership library on Dropbox
- Coordinate and respond to postal comment mail
- Respond to members who call with their questions and concerns about NRDC
- Maintain Alumni database
- Update Member records in SalesForce
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in the field of direct marketing fundraising or customer relations
- Ability to handle simultaneous, ongoing projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic and outgoing with strong desire to help people
- Excels at working independently and with a close team
- Working knowledge of computer databases and Micorsoft Office is required
- SalesForce experience a plus
- Keen interest in nature and the environment is preferred
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/jobs and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing:
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org
Minimum Education Required