The Coordinator position is a critical and valued member within the BSP team. The Financial Capability Coordinator helps achieve the mission statement of BSP through the implementation of administrative function at highest standards. The Financial Capability Coordinator reports directly to the Bay Area Manager. The Coordinator works within the established guidelines set forth by the leadership at BSP. Moreover, the Financial Capability Coordinator will work closely with partners to carry out deliverables of all grants.
The Financial Capability Program is comprised of the following components:
- Financial Capability Workshops – financial capability workshops provided at the work site.
- Financial Coaching and Case Management – individualized sessions for members and their families to establish and attain financial goals.
- Digital Literacy Outreach – training and education on financial and banking related apps
- VITA Tax Services – free tax services for low-income individuals and their families through the IRS during tax season (Jan-April). Assisting taxpayers with ITIN applications and renewals.
- Volunteer Management – recruit, train and oversee volunteers to offer tax and financial coaching services
- Leader Training/ Development- recruit, train and oversee Financial Capability program ambassadors to expand reach and impact of program
- Financial Capability Activities – workshops at the union offices around financial education that involve the entire family.
- Fundraising and Community Partnerships – grant writing and community events revolving around financial capability
- Curriculum Development – will be in charge of standardizing, updating and expanding the financial capability and education curriculum. Will use standard worksheets, lesson plans, activities, PowerPoints, etc. for each course.
- Financial Capability Instruction – will teach culturally appropriate classes to program participants.
- Pre and Post- Assessments – will be in charge of creating and updating pre and post assessments to evaluate behavioral changes amongst participants in order to capture program impact. Will be charged with assuring that every single program participant is assessed in a timely manner. The Financial Capability Coordinator will be in charge of evaluating the pre and post assessment results of each program participant and will keep track of the results using a data tracking system.
- Registration and Intake Forms - will become familiar with intake forms used by BSP and will make sure that these forms are collected from every program participant.
- Data Tracking – will be charged with collecting all forms that will be required of all program participants.
- Intake Forms
- Pre and Post Assessment results
- Financial Check-ups (for coaching clients)
- Class Attendance Sheets
- VITA Tax Information
- Volunteer hours
- Coaching and Case Management Notes
- Regular Check-ins with Bay Area Manager – will be required to do a weekly check in with the Regional Manager.
- Outreach and Marketing – will be in charge of marketing to employer partners to do worksite classes as well as to workers. Will create flyers, information sheets and marketing material about the programs
- Grant Writing and Reporting – will contribute to grant reports in collaboration with Regional and Fundraising Directors. Will contribute to grant writing for new funding in collaboration with Regional and Fundraising Directors.
- Community Partnerships – will be in charge of attending financial capability and education related events and working with other organizations, when applicable, to expand services and referrals for USWW members and their beneficiaries.
Note: The job description and posting reflect the position of financial capabilities coordinator as a 2 year position funded by a grant(s).
- Bilingual in Spanish/English required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or significant work experience in the field of non-profit management or education
- At least 2 years of work experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Critical thinking, problem solving, organization, attention to detail, and leadership
- Have a deep comfort working in culturally diverse communities
- Eagerness to work as a team with a committed small staff where everyone chips in when needed to get things done
- Knowledge of Financial Capabilities. Experience with financial coaching is a plus.
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency in Windows, including MS Word, EXCEL and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills.
- Ability to work with a broad range of people including major donors, Board members, foundation staff, BSP staff, and others.
- Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
*Please send resume & cover letter to BSP's Finance & HR Manager, Alan Quintos, at email@example.com .