Museum Services Representatives and Box Office Representatives
- Job posted by Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
Pier 86, W 46th St & 12th Ave
BOX OFFICE REPRESENTATIVES - $14.50 Per Hour
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Describe in detail pricing and ticket options to guests.
- Encourage guests to purchase ticket packages and additional products (upsells).
- Inform guests of membership options, museum events, closings, restrictions, rules and other notices required by management.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Operate ticketing system.
- Handle cash and credit card transactions, making change and issuing receipts and valid tickets to guests.
- Process third party vouchers and passes.
- Responsible for accepting and verifying opening bank, accepting cash/credit cards from guests and then recording end of day receipts and preparing deposits for bank
- Clean and organize assigned area, front counter, and back storage room as needed to maintain a neat and orderly appearance.
- When necessary, assist on the museum floor.
MUSEUM SERVICES REPRESENTATIVES - $13.50 Per Hour
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet guests as they enter the museum or approach assigned area.
- Inform guests of museum layout, events, activities, and exhibits.
- Provide facts and historical information about Museum, vessels, aircraft, equipment, and artifacts.
- Clearly communicate the mission and message of the Intrepid Museum to the guest.
- Provide a high level of customer service by engaging guests, resolving problems, answering questions, and referring tougher problems to the supervisor as necessary to ensure a pleasant experience.
- Usher guests through assigned area ensuring a smooth, swift flow of traffic.
- Move/position barricades and stanchions for crowd control as needed
- Ensure the safety and well-being of exhibits, artifacts and guests by enforcing museum policies
MUSEUM / ATTRACTION EXPERIENCE PREFERRED. Qualified candidates will have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one (1) year or more of related customer service experience;. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required for dealing with visitors and clients. Box Office Representative Candidates must possess one (1) year or more of cash handling and credit card transaction experience. Proficiency with ticketing systems preferred but training on specific system will be provided. Employees of both positions are exposed to all outside weather conditions.
Both positions require working weekends and holidays.
For consideration e-mail resume to: email@example.com.
Be sure to include the title of the position in which you are interested in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required