Secure World Foundation Washington DC Office Seeking Office Coordinator
- Job posted by Secure World Foundation
Details: $20 per hour, up to 26 hours per week.
District of Columbia
The Secure World Foundation is seeking a part-time office coordinator ($20/hour with a maximum of 26 hours/week, includes benefits) to provide general administrative and project support. The successful candidate will be based in our Washington, DC office, able to commit to the job for one year at a minimum, and responsible for the following:
Event planning, including: compiling guest lists; preparing documents; providing travel support for speakers and other participants; being the general liaison with participants, caterers, venue staff, speakers, and/or partners; assisting the day of; and doing any follow-up required after the event.
Support the staff in the execution of projects by assisting as needed, including:
- Compiling and submitting expense and credit card reports.
- Document management and recordkeeping.
- Arranging travel and accommodations for staff.
Provide communications support through:
- Updating the SWF website (familiarity with Umbraco a plus).
- Word processing, desktop publishing, electronic media design and distribution.
- Making sure SWF publications and SWF-supported publications are available for compilation and distribution.
- Update and maintain shared contacts.
Manage office environment by ensuring:
- Office environment is presentable and all equipment is in working order.
- Staff is adequately supplied to perform their duties.
Background and qualifications include:
- 2 to 4 years of experience working with a fast-paced organization in an administrative capacity.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a flexible attitude, and experience working as a member of a diverse, geographically scattered team.
- Ability to perform professionally in English.
- Good computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office products (preferably including Publisher), and experience with electronic collaboration tools.
Health, dental, vision insurance; voluntary short and long term disability; 401(k)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates, please send a cover letter and your resume outlining your work experience, education, and computer skills to firstname.lastname@example.org. Title the subject line of your email: DC Office Coordinator Position. No phone calls, please. Closing date for applications is close of business on Monday, October 1, 2018, with an expected start date of Thursday, November 1, 2018.