148 West 37 Street
The Horticultural Society of New York (The Hort) seeks a workshop instructor to conduct our garden programs in New York City Supportive Housing Facilities. The Hort's outreach programs offer hands-on gardening workshops in under-served neighborhoods in New York City. Our plant-based curriculum is a comprehensive approach to applied science, artistic expression and literacy. This position will work a 3 day week, possibly more.
Instruct participants in a non-formal, non-traditional learning environment.
Travel everyday to various locations.
Organize, obtain and deliver teaching materials for each lesson.
Plant, propagate, cultivate, and help maintain gardens
Must have prior teaching experience plus:
1. A bachelor's degree in a related field.
2. Ability to work outdoors and tolerate varying weather conditions.
3. Experience planting and gardening outdoors. .
4. A self-starter with strong organizational, communication, and critical thinking skills.
5. Willingness and ability to travel and transport approximately 25 lbs. of supplies from site to site easily.
6. Occasional weekend work required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To be considered, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to George Pisegna at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include' Workshop Instructor' in the subject line. No phone calls please.