NRDC is a leading nonprofit environmental organization that has been marshaling science and the law to protect the environment and health since 1970. NRDC engages in litigation, lobbying, scientific research, and public education on air, water, public health, climate change, energy, environmental justice, oceans, public land, smart growth, international, urban, and wildlife issues. NRDC has more than four hundred advocates (lawyers, scientists, legislative experts, and others) and offices in San Francisco; Santa Monica; New York; Washington, D.C.; Chicago; Montana; and Beijing. You can read more about NRDC’s work and advocacy priorities at www.nrdc.org.
The Network Manager will serve the key role of coordination and knowledge dissemination amongst ACCC’s participating cities and partner organizations. The position is responsible for managing the platform for interaction, technical assistance, shared-learning and best practices to support the participating cities. To move the needle in ACCC cities, the Network Manager will lead the identification, prioritization and acquisition of potential national level partners that will advance the Challenge goals. They will help coordinate and connect efforts across multiple cities, identifying opportunities for scalable solutions and efficiencies.
This is a limited term position expected to go through 12/31/2020.
Learn more about the ACCC at:https://www.bloomberg.org/program/environment/climatechallenge/
- Strategy Development: Serve as lead advisor for the City Engagement Managers working with the cities on how to engage with local and national partners and stakeholders on buildings and transportation policy.
- Education: Develop structures and curriculum offerings for the ACCC participating cities in consultation with the NRDC Technical Strategists. Maintain an ongoing agenda in coordination with city priorities.
- Partnerships: Lead the development and cultivation of relationships and partnerships with national level stakeholders.
- Liaison: Serve as the liaison to other national learning networks
- Resource Development & Communications: Identify resource needs and coordinate with City Engagement Managers and Technical Strategists to develop them.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- At least 5 years of work experience
- At least 2 years of related experience at the city level on sustainability initiatives such as buildings or transportation
- At least 3 years of experience advocating for or implementing clean energy/climate/transportation policy and programs
- Experience overseeing individuals and being part of large, cross-sector, multi-partner initiatives
- Experience with facilitating networks of cities or individuals with common goals
- Experience in coordinating with coalitions of NGO advocates, private sector allies, and/or government partners
- Relevant network among key stakeholders
- Ability to participate in teams that work collaboratively towards shared outcomes
- Excellent writing skills, strong verbal communication, and confident public speaker
- Willingness to travel to participating Challenge cities throughout the United States, as well as to other NRDC offices and U.S. locations as needed
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. We would like you to upload any additional papers or project work that you think would showcase your abilities. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-800-899-4422.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org
Minimum Education Required