Summary of Position:
As a vital member of the development team of TheaterWorks Hartford, the MAJOR GIFTS/INDIVIDUAL GIVING ASSOCIATE will serve as a front-line fundraiser actively prospecting, cultivating and soliciting individual donors for annual operating, planned giving and special project gifts.
Essential functions of the position:
- Support current individual giving efforts and work with the Director of Development to develop new strategies and outreach initiatives to grow individual support.
- Maintain an active portfolio of major ($500+) donors and prospects, and develop and implement strategic engagement and solicitation plans for each.
- Develop fundraising strategies that correlate with TWH’s productions and programs and align with donor philanthropic objectives.
- Build and maintain relationships with donors/prospects via phone calls, personal visits, written contact and events.
- Regularly attend external events that provide the opportunity to network with current and prospective donors.
- Identify annual financial goals for donor portfolio, track, measure and report on progress, reevaluating plans quarterly to optimize results and ensure alignment with goals.
- Document correspondence, meetings, and interactions with donors in the database.
- Partner with TWH Board members, Producing Artistic Director, Director of Development and colleagues from across the organization in donor cultivation efforts.
- Understand and effectively communicate TWH’s mission, values and programs.
- Support general fundraising projects, events and tasks as needed.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in Development, preferably with individual giving and direct solicitation experience.
- Bachelor's degree; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office at an advanced level and experience with donor databases. Familiarity with PatronManager a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior time-management skills.
- Self-starter who is also a team player with a personal commitment to TWH’s mission.
- Familiarity with the Hartford arts and philanthropic community a plus.
- Able to work some nights and weekends.