Details: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
To accelerate breakthroughs, the Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation provides today’s best young scientists with funding to pursue innovative cancer research. Founded in 1946, Damon Runyon is internationally recognized for identifying and supporting the most promising researchers who have gone on to make groundbreaking discoveries and become leaders in their fields. Twelve award recipients have received the Nobel Prize.
Damon Runyon seeks a nimble, thoughtful storyteller with exceptional writing skills to promote its mission, manage all online content, and grow its social media audience. The ideal candidate has a background or strong interest in medical research, and a proven ability to create compelling social media content to increase engagement. Reporting to the Director of Communications and Marketing, the Digital and Social Media Manager has the following responsibilities:
· Conceive and execute original, high-quality creative content for Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation’s social media platforms, website and online blog. This includes writing copy, editing video and designing images and graphics for placement across all social media, website and email.
· Curate and strategically repost the latest news, mentions or discoveries relevant to the Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation community (Damon Runyon fellows, donors, Board of Directors, and nonprofit partners).
· Develop and execute a sustained strategy pegged to all Damon Runyon events, to include on social media, website and live conversations on social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn). Events may require some evening or weekend hours.
· Oversee the Foundation’s blog, including editorial calendar, identifying and securing guest writers and exploring new topics of interest.
· Engage and energize Damon Runyon’s online community by responding to comments and messages, and facilitating discussions.
· Identify potential audiences and research and implement new online tools to attract them.
· Develop, oversee and track the results of paid social media campaigns, including Google Ad Grants.
· Work on other communications and marketing projects as needed.
· Minimum B.A. or B.S.
· 3-5 years of experience creating website and social media content (text, graphics & video) for a brand or brands.
· Experience in science journalism or equivalent experience writing about medicine/health for a lay audience is strongly preferred.
· Excellent writing skills, editorial judgment, grammar, and a keen awareness of effective visual elements in social media.
· Expertise in using CMS (Drupal a plus), as well as basic HTML and CSS, Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, and social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
· A working knowledge of online publishing standards, copyright restrictions, and best practices.
· Experience retrieving and interpreting Google Analytics.
· Demonstrated success achieving key social metrics including audience growth and action.
· Proficient in basic video editing.
· Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member.
· Basic knowledge of new trends in cancer research, with an insatiable desire to learn more.
· A love of science and scientists.
The Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Ronni Berke, email@example.com. Work samples and references will be requested at a later point in the hiring process. No phone calls, please.