425 W. 47th Street
Position: Payroll Accounting Staff
Reports To: Controller
Fountain House, a world-renowned community mental health organization, successfully addresses the devastating impact of serious mental illness. Founded in New York City in 1948 with the belief that people living with mental illness can be active participants in their own and each other’s recovery. Each year, over 1,300 members come to Fountain House to contribute their talents, learn new skills, access opportunities and forge new friendships.
Fountain House creates a culture that transforms lives. Our members, in partnership with staff, operate employment, education, housing and wellness programs. They perform all activities, including advocacy, administrative support, building maintenance and food preparation that keep our community going. Members hold jobs, graduate from schools, develop social networks and experience fewer hospitalizations and improved overall health. Increased fulfillment, sense of purpose, and stability inevitably follow.
Fountain House has inspired the creation of hundreds of similar programs in 34 countries that serve more than 100,000 people annually. In 2014, the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation recognized our global reach and the efficacy of our evidence-based model with the prestigious Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize.
Fountain House provides professional development opportunities and promotes from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires personal growth and development.
- Vlookups and validation tables, import/export Journal Entry and Payroll processing.
- Understanding of multiple state income tax withholdings, cafeteria plans and general accounting. Understanding of filing requirements of W2s, 1099’s, quarterly tax filings, and labor law requirements.
- Handle inquires and reports related to COBRA, LTD, STD, Pension, FMLA, Workers’ Compensation, unemployment insurance, requested by auditors, Human Resources or Accounting.
- Ensure accuracy in filings of Forms W-2 and 1099.
- Reconciliations to General Ledger.
- Assist in Budgeting and Quarterly reporting of salaries and job allocations to Consolidated Finance Report (CFR).
- Understanding of accounting financial reporting and coding of expenses.
- Monthly accounting and accounts payable duties include, but are not limited to; reconciliation schedules of rent, expenses, depreciation, bank reconciliations, staff/member loans and 990 tax data.
- Respond to employee inquiries.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Must possess current and valid U.S. work authorization and be eligible to work for any U.S. employer without sponsorship.
- BA in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with ADP payroll processing with report writer.
- Accuracy and ability to multi-task in projects.
- Professional attitude and ability to deal with sensitive matters with diligence and respect towards staff and members.
- Flexibility to stay late or arrive early, when necessary.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Team approach.
- Must be able to hold information in confidence and not disclose and/or discuss confidential information with members or staff.
- Bi-lingual a plus.
- Minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
1. Paid Time Off and Ten (10) Paid Holidays
2. Paid Bereavement Leave
3. Medical, dental and vision plans (contribution towards premium required)
4. Life Insurance
5. Voluntary Life Insurance
6. Whole Life Insurance
7. Short-Term Disability
8. Long-Term Disability
9. Supplemental Disability
10. Workers’ Compensation
11. Tuition Assistance
12. Retirement Plan
13. Tax Deferred Annuity
14. Flexible Spending Accounts
Minimum Education Required