71 West 23rd Street
AFS Intercultural Programs (afs.org), a dynamic leader in the field of international education, is seeking an experienced, globally-minded, strategic thinking Head of Digital and IT. The AFS Network (“Network”) consists of 60 partner organizations with over 1,000 staff and 50,000 volunteers and close to 500,000 alumni worldwide. AFS is an international, voluntary, non-governmental, non-profit organization that provides intercultural learning opportunities to help people develop the knowledge, skills and understanding needed to create a more just and peaceful world.
The Support Specialist is responsible for supporting the Network Organizations in applying Network digital tools and in improving their IT operations. The Support Specialist solely manages the office ICT (Information and Communications Technology) in the AFS office in New York.
- Support Head of Digital in implementation of the ICT strategy in the AFS office and in the Network
- Support ICT in the AFS NYC office (supporting approximately 35 FTE). Assure smooth functioning of the IT operations in the AFS office, including data security and provisions for emergency management and disaster recovery.
- Manage software development projects as part of the ICT strategy to follow industry standards, meet customer needs and requirements, and remain focused on business needs
- Manage the outsourcing relationship with the vendor of the main IT system and other supporting entities or consultants
- Proactively follow up with Network Organizations not in compliance with standards or data, program, or systems maintenance.
- Provides ICT trainings to certain Network Organizations
- Manages ICT procurements to the AFS office
- Degree in information technology related field
- At least 3 years of experience in a related field
- Experience in consulting and training is an advantage
- Installing knowledge of computer hardware and software for personal computing needs
- Capability of working with a wide range of cultures and people with different levels of experience in a manner that is team-oriented
- Passion for customer service and helping and supporting team members.
- Ability for multitasking and problem-solving
- Travel abroad may be required
Medical and dental insurance
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent English. Knowledge of another language is a plus
Minimum Education Required