Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, this contract position is responsible for leading the project management and execution of the first-ever Headliners Gala, the opening night event of the Crosscut Festival. Keys to success include taking the event concept from vision to reality; ensuring close collaboration between the Marcom, Philanthropy, Sponsorship, Editorial and Executive teams; and thorough planning and attention to detail, leaving the guest with an emotional connection to our brands and inspired to make a gift.
The Headliners Gala brings our community together to celebrate and support great public media and journalism in the Pacific Northwest. Providing funding to KCTS 9 and Crosscut this special event honors newsmakers who take us beyond the headlines.
Qualified applicants please apply here.
Key Job Responsibilities
I. Manage and Execute
- Lead the planning and execution of the Headliners Gala taking place on April 30, 2020.
- Track event deliverables and ensure completion of tasks on or before deadlines:
- Program – Run of show, scripts, sponsor remarks, the ASK, etc.
- Food and Beverage
- Sponsorship – Contract fulfillment
- Marketing plan including donor and table captain communications
- Manage and communicate with vendor relationships including hotel, catering, AV, rentals, printers, etc.
- Liaise with CPM’s in-house design and video teams to ensure creation and delivery of all creative materials.
- Foster seamless communication between the Marcom, Philanthropy, Sponsorship, Editorial and Executive teams.
- Manage the event budget, ensuring financial responsibility to hit defined goals.
- Provide day of event leadership through detailed timelines, communication to Senior Management Team and staff/volunteer briefing.
- Serve as a well-informed representative and advocate for Cascade Public Media, home of KCTS 9 and Crosscut.
- Work collaboratively with the Community Engagement Manager and Marcom team to leverage planning, resources, budgets, communications and time management to produce the best possible community engagement experiences for donors and audiences alike. Ensure robust connection with the Crosscut Festival and existing plans in place.
- Work in partnership with the Vice President of Philanthropy to communicate and coordinate with Board Members, table captains, major donors and other VIPs.
- Provide excellent customer service to event guests through clear communication, friendly demeanor and providing information for questions and feedback.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- Previous fundraising event experience required
- Five years of event planning experience preferred
- Experience with Eventbrite and Salesforce preferred
- Excellent presentation and writing skills required
- Strong project management skills with the ability to track multiple deadlines and deliverables one time required
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to analyze information and make decisions
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) required
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid Washington State drivers license
- Ability to work some evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds unassisted
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
Must be available January / early February through May 8, 2020 and to work extended hours, evenings April 30-May 2, 2020. Any time off requests must be approved prior to hire.
Cascade Public Media is committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background