Join our team!
The mission of Middlesex Human Service Agency is to improve the quality of life and independent functioning of a diverse client population served through an extensive delivery-system of community-based substance abuse and social service programs. All programs emphasize dignity, respect, and empowerment of disadvantaged clients. The Agency believes in teaching individuals and families regarding the skills and problem-solving abilities required for self-sufficiency.
The Agency currently operates 10 programs in the Metro Boston area and continues to expand its scope of services. Please view our website! www.mhsainc.org
Reports to: Assistant Director of Programs, Director of Programs
Objective: To provide the highest quality Temporary Emergency Family Shelter services consistent with Mass. Department of Housing and Community Development (“DHCD”) regulations.
Scope: The Program Director is responsible for the overall supervision and management of the Middlesex Human Service Agency, Inc. (“MHSA”) Scattered Site and Stabilization Programs. The Program Director will be responsible for all service delivery efforts, performing managerial and administrative duties and tracking compliance of all contractual (including DHCD) standards and procedures. This is an exempt, salaried position.
Program: Scattered Site/ Stabilization
· Ensure quality standards for Scattered Site and Stabilization units/housing stock overall, through Case Management inspection, and in collaboration with the Facilities Department.
· Collaborate with DHCD and other outside service providers to ensure quality service delivery.
· Work jointly with the Dudley Street Office Management Team and MHSA Management to ensure compliance of all contractual obligations for client service and data management, budgetary requirements and billing, and all applicable regulations.
· Report any tenant/landlord disputes to the Facilities Program Director.
· Provide high quality, consistent supervision of staff, including (but not limited to) Case Managers and the Dudley Clinical Director.
· Conduct regularly scheduled staff meetings and supervisions.
· Support, monitor and supervise all direct service interventions.
· Provide 24/7 on call support, in accordance with Program policies and procedures.
· Ensure all protocols and program standards are met, which includes ongoing maintenance/tracking of programmatic data.
· Establish, strengthen and expand working relationships with referring agencies, funding sources and other community service providers.
· Assist staff in the resolution of client grievances and other client issues/complaints, as needed.
· Work with all levels of staff & MHSA Management in resolution of internal personnel issues.
· Oversee the program interviewing, hiring, professional development, discipline and termination process.
· Abide by all MHSA policies regarding boundaries, strict confidentiality and ethical standards at all times.
· Attend in-service and outside training and instruction as directed by the Director of Programs.
· Various other responsibilities, as assigned by the Director of Programs from time to time and/or as needed to ensure proper functioning of the Program.
· Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred, clinical license preferred
· Four (4) years of management experience required
· Extensive knowledge of DHCD, BHA, DCF and other housing and human service agency forms, procedures and operations
· Knowledge of homelessness issues and housing search
· Experience with service agencies and resources for homeless families
· Experience in contract management
· Excellent written/verbal/computer skills
· Excellent networking and coalition building ability
· Ability to manage and motivate a diverse staff
· Ability to work with a diverse population in a dynamic atmosphere
· CPR/AED/First Aid certified (MHSA will provide training opportunity)
· Valid driver’s license
· Reliable personal transportation
- · Bilingual preferred
Middlesex Human Service Agency, Inc (MHSA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Comprehensive health and dental benefits package for full time employees
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should send cover letters and resumes to:
Name: Human Resource Department
Please note the position for which you are applying in the subject of your email.