805 15th St NW
The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence and Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence seek two motivated, dedicated professionals to serve a one-year term as Public Health Fellows.
Washington, D.C. and San Antonio, TX
Responsibilities and Duties
The Public Health Fellows will assist the public health team with:
- conducting comprehensive literature reviews
- writing research reports and other documents including informational fact sheets
- completing data requests, and
- coordinating work and communications amongst project stakeholders.
Qualifications and Skills
Candidates for this position will have/be:
- A strong commitment to gun violence prevention and desire to develop expertise and comprehensive knowledge of this field
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal: academic writing and editing skills are a must, including the ability to develop new content for professional and lay audiences
- Research skills, including ability to conduct thorough literature reviews and synthesize information on topics such as public health, criminology, public policy, and criminal justice reform
- Organized, detail-oriented
- Timely and responsive to communications
- Independent, able to work with little direction when needed while also a good team player and collaborative worker
- Minimum education: bachelor’s degree in public health, sociology, or related field. Master’s in public health preferred.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required