Weatherization State Assistance Director
District of Columbia
WAP State Assistance Director
Founded in 1978, the non-profit, National Association for State Community Services Programs’ (NASCSP) mission is to build states’ capacity to respond to poverty issues. Our goal is to improve the lives of low-income families and strengthen local economies. NASCSP members administer the federally-funded Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) and the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG), which serve millions of American families in communities across the country. The Association represents the states in influencing legislation and federal administration policy, provides training and technical assistance for state managers, and forges working relationships with related organizations in the anti-poverty and energy efficiency fields. For more information, please visit www.nascsp.org.
The WAP State Assistance Director provides oversight and management to the Department of Energy (DOE) Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) grants and other energy related projects. They will develop a deep knowledge of the Association membership and manage NASCSP’s DOE and energy related grants, projects and business plans. They will take an active role in supporting State WAP Managers through training and technical assistance efforts. Internally, the WAP State Assistance Director is responsible for WAP services staff management, expansion, and development. Externally, the WAP State Assistance Director is responsible for managing relationships with funders, WAP State members, organizational partners, and other stakeholders. The position can be based in Washington, D.C. or function as a remote position. If the WAP State Assistance Director is based in D.C., they assume additional responsibilities related to advocacy and government affairs. For full job description visit: Weatherization State Assistance Director Job Posting.
The WAP State Assistance Director will be thoroughly committed to NASCSP’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, mentoring, and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- A bachelor's degree or higher (commensurate experience may be considered in lieu of degree) with at least 5 years of WAP/Energy Efficiency experience.
- Qualified experience with state and/or federal WAP related agency or division management preferred.
- Deep understanding of the programmatic, technical, and financial elements that underpin the WAP.
- Experience with financial management, grant writing, and grant management.
- Demonstrated experience with the legislative process at the state and/or federal level preferred but not required.
- Unwavering commitment to quality Energy Efficiency programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to develop, manage, and coach staff; manage and develop high-performance teams; set and achieve strategic objectives; and manage a budget.
- Strong training and technical assistance skills with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people, particularly with WAP stakeholders at the federal, state, and local level.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Track record of effectively leading and scaling performance at the regional, state and/or national level.
- Ability to travel frequently. This position will be responsible for providing T/TA to the WAP network, which will require travel up to 50% of time spread throughout the year.
Willing to consider the possibility of a remote work schedule with the understanding that there will be 50% travel, some of that on a regular schedule to NASCSP’s DC office.
Salary range: $70,000 - $112,740 based on experience and remote vs local residence.
Cover letter and resume should be emailed, as one document, to email@example.com. Insert the following into the e-mail subject line: WAP State Assistance Director Position (Last Name). Please, no phone calls. Applications accepted through July 27, 2018.
Employee medical, dental, vision; AD&D; Simple IRA 3% match; annual and sick leave, paid holidays
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply