Details: Commensurate with experience.
1340 Boylston Street
Fenway Health’s Eye Care Department is committed to providing the highest quality, comprehensive eye care for our patients in a comfortable, caring, and compassionate environment. Our goal is to keep our patients seeing the best they can and to keep their eyes healthy throughout their lives. Our doctors provide eye exams using the newest and most advanced diagnostic equipment for eye disease available.
Function and Representative Duties:
The Staff Optometrist provides comprehensive quality eye care to a broad range of patients, engages in clinical teaching, and assists the clinical director in clinical operations. The Staff Optometrist also adheres to all clinical operations, including patient care, compliance with regulatory agencies/requirements (eg, OSHA, DPH, JCAHO), infection control, quality assurance, equipment maintenance, patient complaints and incident reporting.
Fenway Health offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package; including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, and a retirement plan with employer match. We also provide an 11 paid holidays and 4 weeks of paid vacation for new providers and more.
We strongly encourage LGBTQ-identified persons, people of color, and others from historically underrepresented communities to apply.
- Current unrestricted license to practice optometry in the State of Massachusetts
- Current DPH certificate
- Current controlled substance certificate
- Training appropriate to practice
- Excellent customer care skills
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of quality eye care, evaluations, diagnosis and treatment
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements
- Knowledge of relevant medications and non-pharmaceutical patient care aides
- Able to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please use this link - https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2079636 OR visit the Fenway Health Employment Site (fenwayhealth.org/employment).
***Please Note: Applications without both a Resume and Cover Letter will not be considered***