7438 West 61st Place
1. Develops and implements weekly schedule of activities which take into account the individual needs and interest of the children in the group.
2. Provides a safe, clean and nurturing environment for the children.
3. Provides leadership to the school age group leader assistant with the daily activities and the supervision of the children in the program.
4. Communicates with the parents on an ongoing basis regarding their child's well-being and participation in the program.
5. Transports children safely between school and the site (either by bus or walking)
6. Maintains programs resources and communicates with Site Director when in need of additional resources
7. Participates in the COA accreditation process and complies with the requirements of DCFS for a licensed childcare facility.
8. Assists in the preschool classrooms as needed.
9. Obtains a minimum 20 hours of professional development annually.
Preferred Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in elementary Education, Child Development, Recreation, Physical Education or related field. Two years of experience working with school age children. Bilingual (Spanish) proficiency. CDL with school bus endorsement. Food safety and sanitation certification.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in elementary Education, Child Development, Recreation, Physical Education or related field. One year of experience working with school age children. Obtain CDL with school bus endorsement within 6 months of hire. Must obtain food handler certification within 6 months of hire.
Other Requirements: Must be able to walk, run and participate in physical activities with small children. Must be able to bend, stoop and sit at the children's level. Driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and consideration for employment is made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minimum Education Required