133 Federal Street
The Network and Regional Vibrancy Manager for Associated Grant Makers (AGM) will lead efforts to cultivate, convene and support funder groups (foundations, donors, other giving networks) in Massachusetts and the surrounding region. This new full-time position at AGM is meant to foster stronger coordination, collaboration and knowledge among philanthropic organizations and individuals in the region connecting philanthropy with government, nonprofit organizations, and the business community. The Manager will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will work closely with the Senior Director of Programs and support staff in the implementation of activities and programs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Cultivate, convene and support funder groups by issue, region or funder type/role. Examples of current or emerging networks include: Western MA Funders Group, Greater Lowell Funders, Southeastern MA Funders, Census 2020 Equity Fund, Massachusetts Arts Funders, etc. AGM has a goal to expand to other regions and funder interest groups.
• Work with CEO, Senior Director of Programs and member volunteers to foster learning and strategy within and among funder community through the design and implementation of programs and services focused on issues relevant to each network
• Engage members, experts and other stakeholders to identify significant regional issues and trends that require attention or support from the sector
• Cultivate volunteer advisors comprised of experts and key stakeholders to advise AGM on network and regional vibrancy strategies and activities
• Work with members and experts to develop and disseminate resources and tools to advance member engagement and impact on regional issues
• Develop, foster and facilitate collaboratives focused on advancing network and regional vibrancy in philanthropy
• Develop and foster cross-sector partnerships between funder groups and others as well as funder group to funder group – collaborative philanthropy
• Work with CEO to cultivate prospective members
• Develop an evaluation plan to determine network and regional vibrancy’s impact and effectiveness
• Represent AGM on regional issues at programs, meetings, events, and via communications such as blogs, newsletters, social media, etc.
• Participate in the planning of and attend AGM programs as requested
• Assist with special initiatives and programs as requested
• Maintain familiarity with Members and other thought leaders in the local and national philanthropic sector to identify developing trends, needs and interests
Qualifications and Capabilities:
• Experience in relationship-building, network development or membership development
• Demonstrated experience and expertise in advancing issues of regional interest and concern in philanthropy, business, government, or the nonprofit sector
• Ability to think strategically and analytically to identify constituent needs and develop solutions to fulfill needs
• Ability to prioritize, respond effectively to time-sensitive, emergent opportunities and challenges, self-initiate and multi-task
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, and ability to represent AGM as presenter, speaker and participant in public forums, meetings and events
• Experience in creating and implementing industry-specific professional education programming, professional development programming and event management a plus
• Donor relationship experience a plus
• Ability to work both independently and cooperatively with AGM staff, board, committees and members, foster team spirit and maintain a sense of humor
• Strong organizational and administrative skills
• Possess a current, valid driver’s license and access to reliable means of automobile transportation
• Experience in a Microsoft Office environment strongly preferred
• Minimum of five years’ work experience in nonprofit or business
Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance options, group life, short-term disability, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, and generous holiday/vacation package. Associated Grant Makers is located in Downtown Boston with access to multiple options for public transportation, dining, shopping and cultural attractions.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required