Details: Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
New Hampshire Progress Alliance is looking for an exceptional person to lead our organization. This is a full-time position and requires a unique and diverse set of skills, attributes, and experience. The Executive Director is responsible for ensuring a healthy and dynamic organization so that:
● We have a winning and focused strategy.
● We are raising enough money to fund our programs.
● We have a strong board and staff where each member understands his/her role and is set up to succeed.
● Our work plan is ambitious but matches our resources.
● Our relationships with partners and allies are strong.
Are you passionate about building more power for progressive social change? Do you love working in collaboration to find creative solutions to thorny problems? Come lead our team!
ABOUT OUR WORK
The New Hampshire Progress Alliance is the organization in the state focused on the overall health of New Hampshire’s progressive movement over time and across all issue areas. Our mission is building a permanent and powerful progressive movement in New Hampshire supported by a network of committed donors. Our vision is a New Hampshire that is a healthy, just place to live with shared economic success and security and a democracy that works for all.
Organizational Strategy (20%)
- Through in depth and up to date knowledge of the state of progressive infrastructure in New Hampshire, regional and national political trends, and best practices from other organizations and states, ensure we are making the most important investments needed to build a durable progressive infrastructure in New Hampshire.
- Apply rigorous criteria to investments, deliverables, analysis and measurement of outcomes.
- Manage organizational strategy and implementation through a clear strategic plan and aligned work-plans and budgets.
- Work with our partners and allies to create synergistic, collaborate strategies across organizations.
Program Leadership (25%)
- Work with our Program Director to ensure strong results from our grant and program portfolio.
- Participate in a leadership role in high priority programs where the ED can offer specific expertise.
- Provide targeted assistance to grantees as needed, particularly at launch or transition.
External Relations (20%)
- Provide visible, respected, and collaborative political leadership in the community.
- Work with our partners and allies to identify and fill gaps in our political infrastructure.
- Meet with allies, elected leaders, grantees and other funders and partners to ensure political wins.
- Represent New Hampshire Progress Alliance at the national Committee on States and other national venues.
- Share best practices and models with, and adopt best practices and models of, other states.
Fundraising and Member Engagement (20%)
- Work with our team to write and implement a multi-year fundraising and member development plan.
- Retain and increase the ongoing support and political engagement of our members through events, communications, and individual conversations.
- Recruit and on-board new members, working with Program Director, board and member leaders.
- Develop inspiring materials and verbal presentations for communicating our work to donor audiences.
- Fundraise for special projects in partnership with membership, institutions, and foundations.
- Maintain strong relationships with foundation partners and attract national funding for our network.
Organizational Management (15%)
- Recruit and retain excellent staff. Provide professional development opportunities, motivating career path, and reward success.
- Supervise staff including Program Director and other support staff. Provide support and guidance through weekly and ad hoc check-in meetings, and yearly reviews.
- Ensure legal and financial compliance and strong, transparent fiscal position.
- Optimize board engagement. Maintain regular communication with board for input and guidance outside of meetings
- Lead by example, and support a fun, challenging, rewarding, and warm team culture.
▪ Minimum 8-10 years of relevant work experience.
▪ 5+ years in management roles including staff supervision, fundraising, finance, board oversight and/or operations in a nonprofit organization.
▪ Deep understanding of social and political change and progressive movements backed by direct experience with grassroots and/or electoral efforts.
▪ Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
▪ Experience with and passion for individual donor fundraising.
▪ Excellent communicator and writer, with experience tailoring messages to multiple and diverse audiences.
▪ Experience and cultural proficiency working with diverse communities.
▪ Proven ability to work in a dynamic environment and build strong partnerships. Takes initiative and can make tough decisions.
▪ Success supervising and mentoring staff and teams, including professional and leadership development.
▪ Strategic, systems thinker. Creative problem solver.
▪ Collaborative leadership style. Engaging and confident interpersonal style.
This is a full-time position is based in Concord, NH.
Competitive benefits include paid leave, medical insurance, dental insurance, and retirement plan option.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a copy of your resume, a cover letter, salary requirements, and three references to NHProgressAlliance@gmail.com. Include "NH Executive Director” in the subject line. Position posted until filled.
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at New Hampshire Progress Alliance, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law. Women and Persons of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.