- Undertake research using multiple information sources to identify new major gift prospects and regularly communicate research results to Libraries Development staff and/or senior managers.
- Compile biographical and financial information, build donor/prospect profiles, and maintain records in Athena CRM database.
- Use multiple software suites to prepare data analysis of outreach and giving history: extract, assess, and aggregate data to achieve optimal information capture and distillation of donor/prospect engagement to inform decision making. Data sources may include event management software, Athena database, email marketing software, and prospect mining software.
- Develop and maintain an overall tracking report of the following types of constituent engagement: public events, invited events, mass appeals, targeted mailings, and stewardship communications.
- Work with Libraries Development staff with cultivation planning including donor events, fundraising appeals, proposals, and stewardship efforts.
- Timely process gifts, acknowledgements, and underlying documentation of fundraising/friend-raising appeals at all levels, including gifts-in-kind.
- Request, run and analyze reports from Athena database and other software in use.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent related experience required; 3-5 years of related experience
- Prospect research experience, including creation of research profiles, tracking of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working with analytics/modeling software suites such as Tableau
- Knowledge of Client Relationship Management software suites and reporting practices
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; courteous and knowledgeable interaction with members of the public as well as University staff is essential
- Strong self-starter skills: ability to work independently on projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills with an aptitude for managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Attention to detail and ability to present [and document] information in a clear and compelling manner
- Ability to handle sensitive financial and biographical information, maintaining confidentiality
- Proficiency on graphic design software such as PhotoShop
- Fundraising experience in higher education or not-for-profit sector
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and strongly encourages individuals of all backgrounds and cultures to consider this position