We are hiring a Director of Climate Finance to help us hold some of the world’s biggest corporate polluters to account. The Director of Climate Finance will be responsible for applying a deep understanding of climate finance issues across all of our campaigns.
We encourage applicants to apply by October 9, 2020. This position is open until filled.
Stand.earth is a nonprofit environmental organization working to create a world where respect for people and the environment comes first. Our campaigns challenge destructive corporate and governmental practices, demand accountability, and create solutions that support all of us — and the environment and climate upon which we depend. Stand’s strategic approach and fierce determination have yielded extraordinary results: Since 2000, we’ve secured the protection of millions of acres of wilderness, shifted billions of dollars of corporate purchasing toward responsible options, and transformed the environmental practices of more than 100 major U.S. corporations. Stand.earth operates in the United States and Canada.
Stand recognizes and respects the sovereignty of First Nations and tribes, as well as the rights of Indigenous Peoples and frontline communities. These communities are often first and most directly impacted by environmental pollution and climate change, and they provide critical leadership in developing solutions.
Stand is an equal opportunity employer; we have a strong commitment to equity and inclusion, and value the leadership and skills of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, LGBTQ+ persons, and people from other historically marginalized backgrounds are encouraged to apply. If you require assistance applying to this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
Reporting to the Global Climate Campaigns Director, the Director of Climate Finance will have deep experience in the field of climate finance and experience building and managing campaigns including budgeting, team leadership, strategic planning and coalition building. This position will work closely with the fundraising team, and must have a strong interest and/or commitment to Stand.earth’s values. Stand.earth offers an excellent package of employee and health benefits.
Stand’s work on climate issues has protected millions of acres of forests from being logged, stopped major pipelines and 20 oil train terminals, and more. Stand is working to build capacity to support the new Climate Safe Pensions Network to catalyze action among pension funds and other institutional investors as a critical new tool in shifting investments away from the further expansion of fossil fuels and accelerate the decarbonization of companies in their portfolios. This missing element of Stand’s portfolio of campaigns will make a major contribution to Stand’s impacts on our global climate.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience and adjusted based on location, but will likely be within the range of $75,000 to $90,000 USD or $87,000 to $110,000 CAD.
This role will be based in the US or Canada, in Pacific or Mountain time zone (working hours are 9am-5pm Pacific time). At least to start with, the role will be remote from the comfort of the candidate's own home. Once the threat of the COVID-19 pandemic has passed, we hope there will also be the option to work out of one of our hub offices.
Key Responsibilities of this role:
● Coordinate and develop campaign strategies to move industry leaders
● Workclosely with our development, communications and digital teamson campaign strategies
● Bean influential spokesperson on the subject of climate andrelated impacts of industry amongst press and opinion leaders
● Articulate the visions and goals for our campaigns in an understandable, compelling, and inspiring manner to Stand.earth staff, Board, partner organizations, funders, and the press
● Applydeep understanding of climate finance issues to campaigns
● Strong project leadership including the ability to dive into international climate policy, build relationships with stakeholders, and build Stand.earth’s reputation internationally
● Manage campaigns to identify and foster relationships with partner organizations and possible allies
● Working with managers to create strong relationships with key stakeholdersin the Finance and corporate sectors
● Activelyseek out new funding sources via personal and professionalnetworks and manage a significant portfolio of individual andfoundation funders with the support of our industry-leading fundraising team
● Participate in foundation and major donor briefings, cultivation, stewardship and solicitation, as well as writing and editing funding proposals and reports as identified by the development department
● Develop campaign strategies that actively grow our online community and build power online and offline.
● Nurture and build strong teams so that employees are engaged and involved
● Otherrelated duties as assigned
We are hiring a Director of Climate Finance to help us hold some of the world’s biggest corporate polluters to account. The Director of Climate Finance will be responsible for applying a deep understanding of climate finance issues across…
Please send a 1-page cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name in the subject line and on the file name of each attachment. In your cover letter, tell us what’s motivating you to apply for this role and which of the ‘nice to have’ qualifications you’ve got (we certainly don’t expect you to have them all!). Please also make sure to let us know how you heard about this position. The recruitment and interview process includes a time-bound anonymous task and two rounds of interviews. No phone calls, please. Only those who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Please send a 1-page cover letter and resume to email@example.com with your name in the subject line and on the file name of each attachment. In your cover…