26 Bleecker Street
Planned Parenthood of New York City is seeking a Special Projects Manager to join our Executive Office team. This Special Projects Manager, reports to the Chief Strategy Officer and is based at our Administrative offices at 26 Bleecker St. in Manhattan.
It is an exciting and important time to work at Planned Parenthood of New York City. We are building on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance.
Working at PPNYC is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all New Yorkers have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and evidence-based education programming so they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. We approach our work through a reproductive justice lens, seeking to break down the barriers, whether through our services, education or advocacy efforts, which prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
At PPNYC, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPNYC fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPNYC knows that our greatest asset is our people. We offer competitive compensation and robust benefits package to eligible employees. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan including an employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
What the Special Projects Manager does:
- Works with Chief Strategy Officer/General Counsel to manage special projects, support strategic initiatives, and provide general support as needed.
- Manage and coordinate projects and activities between various departments ensuring goals / objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters, while maximizing staff productivity.
- Suggest and make recommendations for future project phases or future projects, based on lessons learned from the project
- Communicate project details across multiple departments in a clear, precise, and concise manner.
- Oversee coordination between divisions/departments and outside partners throughout duration of projects.
- Collaborate, coordinate, and prepare presentations, reports and correspondence in response to requests for information, including Senior Leadership and Board of Directors, both internally and externally to the organization.
- Balance multiple initiatives simultaneously, be “on call” resource for questions and problem-solving.
- Identify, assess and minimize risks throughout the project life cycle.
- Maintain all project documentation. Understand team dynamics and adapt project management methodology as needed to ensure project success.
We are seeking candidates with the following:
- Experience working on business transformation projects requiring high degree of change management skills
- Experience working on cross-functional teams
- Strong record of leadership and taking initiative
- Exceptional project management skills, especially for initiatives with cross-functional stakeholders
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills – must be proficient and detail-oriented when conducting data tracking and analysis
- Experience working in situations where judgement and discretion are essential
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, advanced in PowerPoint
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment with staff at all levels in an organization, including C-Suite
- Ability to thrive in and enjoy working in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Committed to continuous learning and ongoing improvement
- Ability to influence people, build relationships and collaborate
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Are you interested in bringing your passion, commitment and expertise to Planned Parenthood of New York City? Please follow this link to submit your resume and cover letter. No phone calls; PPNYC will contact select applicants to conduct an initial phone screening.
Planned Parenthood of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.