940 Adams St. Suite R
Organization: Canvasback Missions, Inc.
For the position of: Communications Manager
Starting: As soon as April 2018
Applications will be accepted: Until Position Filled
Apply by emailing a cover letter, resume and several writing samples to email@example.com
Canvasback Missions has been dedicated to bringing healthcare and health education that would be otherwise unavailable to the islands of Micronesia since 1981. We believe that all people deserve a high quality of life, and through partnership between volunteer professionals, island communities, and our generous supporters, we bring health and wholeness to Micronesia. With a full time Wellness Center on the island of Majuro and an average of six specialty surgery teams coordinated and sent to the islands each year, Canvasback is able to impact the health of over 2,300 individuals and provide over $4.5 million in patient care annually. To learn more about Canvasback Missions, visit www.canvasback.org.
We are currently searching for a Communications Manager with strong writing and design skills to work onsite at our California office. Successful candidates will have excellent interpersonal skills and must be outcome-oriented. The ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential. Knowledge of photography and website maintenance are a plus.
Canvasback Missions is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
· Layout and creation of “OnBoard”, a quarterly publication detailing Canvasback’s recent work – made using InDesign and Photoshop.
· Writing of articles for “OnBoard”, enews, and local papers/publications
· Writing of press releases
· Writing of receipt & pledge letters
· Management of social media accounts
· Editing and maintenance of Canvasback website
· Compilation of yearly impact report
· Work with and guide third party creators of content
· Other outreach as needed
· Bachelor’s Degree – Major in Communications, English, or Graphic Design preferred.
· Strong writing skills
· Must be proficient in MS Office Suite
· Highly proficient in InDesign and Photoshop, knowledgeable of other Adobe programs
· Previous database experience (Access, Blackbaud, Filemaker, etc.) is a plus
· Knowledge of website development, coding experience in HTML and/or CSS is a plus
Salary depends on skills and experience. This would be a part time position of 20 hours a week with a flexible schedule. Canvasback is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be prepared to submit one or more writing samples.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered.
$15-$18 per hour DOE
*There is strong potential for overseas travel.
**We are a Christian Based Organization. Must be comfortable with prayer and religious language.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter and CV/resume. Please be prepared to submit one or more writing samples.