Full Time Temporary
Details: Up to $40 per hour, 35 hours per week Reimbursement for monthly unlimited MetroCard will be provided
61 Broadway - Ste. 1500
The Professional Staff Congress, AFT Local 2334, is a progressive, activist union representing 27,000 faculty and staff at The City University of New York. The PSC is seeking to hire one or more experienced individuals to help build membership and adhesion to the union and to help to develop member-organizers during spring 2018. These are temporary full-time positions, through June 30th 2018..
Responsibilities: With some latitude for independent decision-making under the direction of the Director of Organizing:
- Gains a working knowledge of the PSC-CUNY collective bargaining agreement;
- Conducts one-on-one conversations with bargaining unit members;
- Systematically reports conversations;
- Works with other organizing staff to develop plans for campus-based organizing;
- Assists with conducting home visit sessions with member activists;
- Identifies and develops new campus activists;
- Conducts trainings with individual activists on the one-on-one conversation;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated commitment to progressive trade unionism;
- 2-3 years’ experience or more as a union organizer; experience in higher education and with part-time faculty organizing a plus,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience working with databases;
- Experience working with union staff and activists;
- Experience building workplace committees;
- Experience training member activists in the one-on-one conversation;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment;
- Experience communicating and working with a diverse constituency.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Baccalaureate; more advanced degree is a plus;
- Knowledge of standard office computer software;
- 3 full-time employment references.
Compensation: Up to $40 per hour, 35 hours per week
Reimbursement for monthly unlimited MetroCard will be provided
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The Professional Staff Congress is an equal opportunity employer.
Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline: Until filled
Send cover letter and resume to:
Barbara Gabriel, Professional Staff Congress
61 Broadway, 15th floor
NY, NY 10006
Telephone: 212-354-1252 FAX: 212-302-7815 e-mail: email@example.com