1309 E. 7th Street
Inner City Law Center (ICLC) is a nonprofit law firm on Skid Row. Founded on the fundamental principle that every person should always be treated with dignity and respect, ICLC fights for justice for low-income tenants, working-poor families, people who are disabled or homeless, people living with HIV/AIDS, and homeless veterans. Inner City Law Center is doubling in size and we are looking for extraordinary people to help end homelessness in Los Angeles. Over the next six months, we will add 40 talented and diverse lawyers, paralegals, and other staff to our team so that we can serve far more people.
Position Description: ICLC is seeking a talented Contracts Compliance Officer to support our growing organization by ensuring compliance with all government contracts and subcontracts. The Contracts Compliance Officer will:
- Manage the contract application process including the application, exhibits, insurance and other required supplemental documents;
- Monitor and ensure all grant reports are completed and submitted timely;
- Organize, update and maintain all grant and contract documents;
- Maintain a master grants calendar and database;
- Coordinate with program managers and administrative staff as needed to complete applications, reports, and other funder requests;
- Identify changes in program activities and their effect on grant restrictions and requirements;
- Document and improve policies and procedures that reflect best practices in the areas of grant compliance, management and reporting;
- Assist with the annual budget and audit process;
- Monitor and report regularly on federal funds;
- Respond to inquiries and requests from funding agencies;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to ICLC's mission;
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of four years relevant experience;
- Strong understanding of systems, policies and procedures related to contract and grant compliance;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Integrity, discretion, dependability, detail-oriented, sound judgment and ability to assume responsibility quickly and independently manage varied responsibilities; and
- Ability to function in a collaborative and collegial environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Priority will be given to applications received by June 18, 2018. However, we will accept applications until the position is filled. To apply, please email your cover letter setting forth interest in the position, resume, and three references to Juliet Arganaraz at email@example.com.