Details: Commensurate with experience
8303 Southwest Freeway
The Program Manager (PM) has responsibility for overseeing the operations of current programs at three middle schools and is expected to work full-time. The day-to-day implementation of each program will be carried out by part-time staff which the PM will train and supervise throughout the course of the academic year. The PM will be expected to float between programs each week. The PM will also directly manage summer programs alongside part-time staff and interns. Within each program, the PM manages administration, including budgets, curriculum, recordkeeping, supplies, grant reporting, monitoring and evaluation efforts, etc. In addition, the PM plans and attends field trips. They may also be asked to attend volunteer meetings, community events, and other activities on weekends and in the evening. The PM assists the Volunteer Coordinator in providing training, support, and guidance to the approximately 90 volunteers each semester. The PM will also work closely with school personnel, the staff of community organizations, and others to ensure the participation of students and a longstanding supportive structure for program and student success.
The position also includes general administrative duties required for the effective operation of an organization.
The Program Manager reports directly to the Executive Director. The PM directly supervises 3-6 part-time staff members throughout the year who are assigned to each program. During the summer, the PM will manage 6-8 part-time staff and interns. This position indirectly manages all volunteers for each program as well. The PM is expected to collaborate with the Executive Director, other staff, and members of the board to execute PAIR’s strategic plan and accomplish organizational goals in a tightknit team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working directly with youth, such as teaching, after-school, camping, youth work, counseling, etc.
- Experience facilitating community partnerships, preferred
- Knowledge of or previous work with refugee populations, preferred
- Strong written and oral communications skills and proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM a plus
- Candidates will be required to undergo a background check with fingerprints and maintain a valid driver's license and personal automobile insurance during employment (related to youth supervision and transportation).
- Strongly committed to the organization's mission to empower refugee youth to navigate American society, reach their academic potential, and become community leaders through educational mentoring programs
- Highly motivated and goal-oriented; high level of personal responsibility, strong work ethic, independent, and entrepreneurial
- Energetic, optimistic, flexible, and resourceful
- Exhibiting professionalism and sound judgment
- Committed to maintaining organized, detailed records
- Able to coach and develop others and provide training and support
- Able to relate to a variety of people with an appreciation of diversity and commitment to cross-cultural understanding and communication
Weekday programs generally operate in the early evening, from 3 to 6 PM. Community partner meetings and other community outreach may also take place in the evenings and on weekends. Flexibility and adaptability to program needs and schedule are key. The position requires time in the PAIR office and frequent travel to program sites and partnering community organizations. The successful candidate will also be enthusiastic about grassroots fieldwork and comfortable visiting refugee families in their apartments in Southwest Houston.
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Professional Development allowance
Level of Language Proficiency
Required - English, fluent
Beneficial but not required - Arabic, Swahili, Farsi, French, Kinyarwanda, Spanish, etc.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter describing suitability for the position to Lauren West at email@example.com.