685 3rd Avenue
The Marketing Coordinator will support the efforts of the Foundation for the Global Compact to attract more businesses to join the UN Global Compact initiative and to contribute to the delivery of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (Global Goals).
The United Nations Global Compact is undergoing a strategic transformation to enable it to mobilize a growing global movement of responsible companies and organizations to create the world we all want. To do this, the Compact is gearing up its efforts to support businesses through tools, training, and other measures, and to provide them with opportunities — including through partnerships, campaigning and advocacy — to efficiently shape their strategies and operations to help deliver the Global Goals. The Coordinator will be responsible for attracting more responsible businesses to join the movement through business-to-business marketing practices and through all channels with digital being the lead.
The role will support the growth agenda and help lead the UN Global Compact through the change required to attract and retain more active companies committed to the cause.
Specific responsibilities which will contribute to this goal are:
- Support the execution of global and regional marketing strategies to build membership of the UN Global Compact.
- Support content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, and leads, that deliver recruitment and participant retention.
- Manage end-to-end email marketing campaigns including: content outline and design, production, segmentation and targeting, and campaign reporting and analysis.
- Develop and execute a variety of marketing tactics including webinar coordination, podcasts, blog, email marketing, social media, thought leadership, digital advertising, sales enablement, and events.
- Utilize data & insights to continuously refine campaigns in order to increase audience awareness, acquisition and retention.
- Manage the UN Global Compact marketing calendar — prioritising communications, events, and initiatives that engage participants
- Develop strategic content marketing collateral highlighting the impact of the UN Global Compact
- Develop marketing materials to facilitate the smooth launch and communication of new, leading-edge sustainability tools, training and support to businesses that are developing and delivering their sustainable development strategies and plans
- Support the implementation of the digital marketing transformation to enable scale engagement and acquisition of business members and ongoing support to these businesses
- Manage campaign timelines, schedules and communications to key stakeholders
- Increased number of companies joining the UN Global Compact
- Increased awareness of the UN Global Compact and its reputation as the leading sustainability organisation
- Increased awareness of the work the UN Global Compact does to help businesses take actions to deliver the Global Goals as measured by increased media engagement and reach
- Marketing implementation: Experience in developing and implementing marketing plans and campaigns
- Digital marketing: Experience in the use of digital channels to engage the business community
- Client engagement and understanding: Experience in a client-facing role and in understanding clients/customers to improve communications
- Analytical skills: Proven experience in analysing data to extract insight around global sustainability trends, company engagement results, client satisfaction and client understanding in general
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Marketing Automation: Experience and knowledge in marketing automation tactics and technology
- Language skills: Proficiency in English required. Knowledge of other UN official languages is an advantage.
- Respect for diversity: Works effectively with people from all backgrounds; treats all people with dignity and respect; treats men and women equally; shows respect for and understanding of diverse points of view
- Interest and experience in sustainable development is preferable: To be able to support and engage with UN Global Compact participants and help them efficiently develop and deliver practical business solutions that help impact the SDGs as well as deliver their business results
- Integrity: Demonstrates the values of the United Nations in daily activities and behaviors; Be open and transparent in sharing information and context for your decisions; Take responsibility by being accountable for your choices and outcomes; Do what your say by raising the bar through your actions
- Professionalism: Aim for excellence by building mastery and bringing best practice; Tackle the hard stuff by solving the root causes; Try new things and being innovate by taking smart risks and learn from failure.
- Respect for Diversity: Listen and amplify to ensure all voices are heard; Give and take honest feedback by looking for the positive and be constructive; Help others succeed by knowing your strengths and leveraging others
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- EDUCATION: A first-level university degree in marketing, business administration, management, economics, political science, social science or related field.
- WORK EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three - five years of experience in marketing and sales, client support, and/or corporate communications.
• Competitive Salary
• Retirement Plan – 15% employer contribution after 6 months of services with additional 7.5% matching option.
• Vacation Days - 30 paid days (6 weeks) per year.
• Maternity leave - 16 weeks with full pay.
• Paternity leave - 4 weeks with full pay.
• Medical /dental/vision employee coverage
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include the following materials in your e-mail submission to UNGC4@unglobalcompact.org with the subject heading “Coordinator – Marketing.”
- Cover Letter
Applications will be accepted until 17 August 2018. Please note applicant must be eligible to work in the United States.