Details: Salary is commensurate with experience within the guidelines of L.A. Works salary scale.
570 West Avenue 26
Our Work: The primary mission of L.A. Works is to make L.A. a more equitable place by empowering Angelenos to address pressing social issues through volunteerism. L.A. Works recently celebrated its 25th anniversary. In the early 90s, the founders of L.A. Works sought to identify and provide hands-on service opportunities that would improve the quality of life for all in a diverse, sprawling city. Their hope was that when individuals work together on local needs through hands-on service, they would feel empowered to address the broader concerns of their neighborhoods and cities. From this idea, L.A. Works, now Los Angeles' largest volunteer action network, was founded.
About RSVP: The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) is one of the largest volunteer networks in the nation for people age 55 and up. Funded by the Corporation for National and Community Service as a part of the larger Senior Corps initiative, RSVP engages older Americans in volunteer opportunities across the country. These volunteers have been an invaluable resource for nationwide response efforts—in everything from hunger prevention to natural disasters. L.A. Works has received a renewable grant to develop a strong Los Angeles RSVP program. Building on the foundation of existing programming and relationships L.A. Works has with nonprofits in the community, this program will more than double the volunteer resources L.A. Works provides to the greater Los Angeles region.
Position Overview: The Pro-Bono Coordinator provides day-to-day management and oversight of RSVP’s innovative skills-based volunteer program. This program leverages the experience and expertise of volunteers who are age 55 and over to offer capacity building support to L.A. Works’ nonprofit partners. As one of RSVP’s newer projects, there is opportunity for an entrepreneurially-minded individual to shape and grow the project, with the guidance of the Dir. of RSVP and working closely with the RSVP team to best implement the Corporation for National Community Service (CNCS) approved plan. The ideal candidate will need to be out-going, tech-savvy, self-motivated, and highly organized. This individual should be knowledgeable about aging issues and corporate volunteer opportunities. L.A. Works is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to workplace diversity.
· Identify and scope pro-bono volunteer opportunities appropriate for RSVP members and corporate volunteers, maintaining a database of 15 short-term (approx.. 6 weeks to 3 month) open opportunities at any given point;
· Conduct and analyze pre- post surveys with nonprofits to identify and track impact of volunteer participation;
· Work with RSVP nonprofit and corporate partners to identify and design appropriate pro-bono and skill-based projects;
· Recruit and connect RSVP members to pro-bono, project leader, and skilled volunteer opportunities;
· Establish work agreements between nonprofits and volunteers prior to pro-bono volunteer placement;
· Maintain on-going contact with volunteers to ensure appropriate engagement;
· Work with the L.A. Works corporate department to support the design and management of pro-bono service opportunities;
· Utilize all Corporation for National and Community Service, L.A. Works website, and current and relevant volunteer promotional websites to list volunteer events;
· Utilize social media, especially LinkedIn, to promote pro-bono program and volunteer opportunities to target audience;
· Work closely with RSVP team to maximize outreach impact;
· Proficiently utilize CRM database (Salesforce) for efficient tracking, reporting, record keeping and data management; and
· Participate in L.A. Works’ large-scale Days of Service and L.A. Works Signature Projects.
· Initiate NSWOP and criminal history check prior to hire;
· Meet baseline responsibilities and requirements within a set schedule;
· Demonstrated Mac computer and program skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce (or equivalent) database management, presentations, mail merge, and digital/social media;
· Ability to lift up to 30 pounds;
· Access to personal cell phone;
· Support L.A. Works office/programming as needed;
· Valid driver's license and access to personal car for regular travel throughout Los Angeles County; and
· Some evening and weekend commitments.
The L.A. Works Pro-Bono Coordinator will be thoroughly committed to L.A. Works’ mission. Other qualifications include:
· Entrepreneurial minded, action-oriented and capable of working independently;
· Good team player, able to work collaboratively with dynamic leadership and staff;
· A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years experience in program coordination / management in the non-profit arena, preferably with volunteer services;
· A track record of delivering results while juggling competing priorities;
· Professional demeanor in person, in writing, and on the phone;
· Comfortable delivering presentations and guiding a room of participants;
· Ability to be creative and resourceful to develop new, unique programs and initiatives;
· Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented nature; and
· Open to and excited by the opportunity to inform our strategic thinking and work within an entrepreneurial environment.
Reporting: This position reports to the Director of RSVP. This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and L.A. Works may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
L.A. Works offers a competitive benefit package including health insurance, professional development opportunities, and generous time-off.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish Speakers are a plus, with fluency preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If this sounds like the kind of job you’d look forward to, please send a cover letter and resume in a single PDF document to HR@laworks.com with “Pro-Bono Coordinator Applicant” as the subject. In your letter, tell us about your experience and interest doing work similar to the roles described above. Please send any referrals and questions to this address, as well. Thanks for your interest!