14 E 28th Street
The Prince George, a 415-unit supportive housing residence, located in a historic building in the Flat Iron District of Manhattan, for low income tenants, many of whom have histories of mental illness, homelessness, substance abuse, and/or HIV/AIDS, invites applications for an Assistant Program Director Position.
CUCS provides comprehensive on-site social services using a recovery orientation, which include the implementation of evidence based practices such as Supported Employment, Motivational Interviewing, and Wellness Self Management.
The Assistant Program Director is responsible for supporting the Program Director in the overall management of the program. The Assistant Program Director provides direct supervision to clinical supervisors and/or special services staff. The Assistant Program Director plays a major role in ensuring that clients receive services that meet regulatory and agency standards and that records are kept in compliance with those standards. This position is central to fostering the mission and goals of the agency.
Experience and Education Required:
The position requires a thorough understanding of relevant service delivery concepts and structures, including strong knowledge and experience with mental health systems, and the ability to access and negotiate the full range of services for recipients. It also requires strong supervisory and administrative skills and the ability to interface effectively and efficiently with colleagues to ensure quality services and program operations. Furthermore, it requires good decision-making and the ability to identify and facilitate necessary programmatic change. It requires attention to detail, strong writing and verbal communication skills, and computer literacy.
• Internal candidates within 3 months of completing the LCSW experience requirement may also apply.
• Once the experience requirement is met, all candidates must attain an LCSW within 6 months.
• Minimum of 3 years post-masters applicable experience with related populations including supervisory, administrative, and management experience.
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
• Computer literacy
Level of Language Proficiency
• Bilingual Spanish/English is preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
- CUCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind