Equality Virginia seeks a full-time team member to lead the organization's statewide business programs and outreach in northern Virginia. A successful candidate in this new position will advance the accomplishments of Equality Virginia's existing business engagement platforms and expand the financial support for our work from northern Virginia.This remote position will be based in the Tysons Corner area and include monthly travel to the Equality Virginia office in Richmond, VA. The Director of Business Engagement will work as part of a dynamic team and report directly to the Executive Director.
Overview of Duties:
- Lead the business advisory committee to engage corporate partners and increase membership in Virginia Competes.
- Organize the Virginia Competes annual business luncheon.
- Manage the outreach and membership of Equality Means Business.
- Increase visibility and support of Equality Virginia from northern Virginia communities.
- Work with Executive Director to leverage business support for Equality Virginia legislative priorities.
- Assist the Equality Virginia team with major events including Prides, Day of Action, TIES, and the Commonwealth Dinner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender identities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and speak in public.
- Familiarity with business and professional work environments.
- Proficiency with MS Office, email, and Google Drive.
- Ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Reliable transportation and the ability to work from the Equality Virginia office at least once a month.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Equality Virginia believes that diversity among our teammates is critical to our success as a statewide organization, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Equality Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equality Virginia offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and vision, plus a 401k and a professional development stipend.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention to Carrie Myatt. Note "Application: Director of Business Engagement" in the subject of the email. Applications must be received by Friday, September 7, 2018. All submissions must be received by 5:00 PM on the deadline. No submissions will be accepted after this point. Submit in digital format only, PDF preferred. Tentative start date is October 7, 2018.