Details: $17 - $20 per hour
951 Prospect Avenue
As the Youth Services Coordinator you will be responsible for coordinating the program to meet the growing needs of kinship and caregiving young adults by offering various services targeted to enhance and enrich their lives. The Coordinator’s role is vital in increasing our youth’s self-esteem and confidence and providing them with opportunities for success.
· Assist the Manager in working to ensure that kinship and caregiving youth have access to academic, career, and leadership opportunities to enhance their chance for success in life.
· Help youth and young adults advance by connecting them with resources, services, opportunities, etc. that would be beneficial to their academic and/or vocational goals.
· Perform intakes, assessments and assist in creating plan of care for each participant.
· Schedule workshops and maintain program calendar.
· Facilitate workshops, as needed.
· Coordinate and assure successful implementation of afterschool and summer activities for youth.
· Enhance program by scheduling guest speakers, and field trips to employers, colleges, educational and recreational sites, etc. for participants.
· Provide information, assistance, counseling, advocacy, outreach, other respite, and supplemental services as needed.
· Maintain all pertinent client records and program files.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Excellent Office Management Skills
- Experience working with youth
- Excellent Interpersonal and Organizational Skills
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Bilingual fluency (English/Spanish) a plus
Professionalism and other qualities:
- Ability to work well independently and on a team
- Maturity and good judgment in relating to peers, partners, and families
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Availability, dependability, and willingness to be flexible
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and think strategically
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Minimum Education Required