Providence House Inc. is a value driven not-for-profit organization focused on assisting women in building community and transforming their lives. The agency is committed to promoting wholeness and healing while offering quality evidence based services to women and children who find themselves homeless and/or involved with the criminal justice system. Providence House follows a trauma based practice model. Providence House was founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph forty years ago and continues to hold the values of non-violence, compassion, hospitality and community at its core. Providence House actively seeks to provide support, training and opportunities that foster growth and well-being for its staff as well as the women we serve.
The Substance Abuse Counselor is responsible for providing critical alcohol and substance use assessments and referral services to clients in the Supportive Housing Program. These services will be delivered in a manner consistent with the harm reduction model and a trauma-informed practice model. He/she/they will provide substance abuse counseling that is inclusive of assessment, counseling, group facilitation and community education.
SUPERVISED BY: CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER
· Provide SBIRT (Screening, Brief Intervention, Referral and Treatment) to residents in the Supportive Housing program;
· Facilitate group and individual services that are client centered, strength-based and trauma-informed to clients who are struggling with SUD (Substance Use Disorder) and promote recovery;
· Assist with determining achievable goals for clients based on client centered goals;
· Provide consultation to referral resources, family members and others to help support clients with crisis management and coping strategies;
· Help family members acclimate to lifestyle and behavioral changes that will help support clients in their recovery journey;
· Work closely with Clinical Social Worker and the program team to evaluate progress and support treatment goals;
· Collect information from collateral resources to aid in determining treatment needs for clients;
· Monitor client access to, and involvement with treatment and collaborate with providers to help address barriers to treatment and the recovery process;
· Model and support health and wellness activities and healthy coping skills for clients;
· Participate as a team member in planning, implementation, and evaluation of services provided;
· Participate in program related activities as directed by the Clinical Social Worker.
· Effectively use and practice Sanctuary Model’s tools; safety plans, community meetings, psycho-educational groups, team meetings, red flag reviews, and self-care in the program to promote a non-violent and trauma sensitive culture.
· Promote and model the core values of Providence House Mission (Compassion, Non-Violence, Hospitality, and Community) and the Seven Sanctuary Model Commitments to create a non-violent and trauma sensitive culture.
· Integrate the Sanctuary Model SELF (Safety, Emotional Management, Loss and Future) framework into daily practice to ensure quality care and an effective work environment.
· Complete paperwork requirements and maintain quality, accurate and up-to-date records.
· Enter necessary information into Welligent’s EHR (Electronic Health Records).
· Remain in compliance with internal and external policies, procedures, regulations, and standards.
· Work as a Providence House team member with all staff and volunteers in order to implement the mission and core values of the agency.
· Attend regular internal and external agency meetings and trainings.
· Work as part of the team to plan and develop resident programs.
· Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with two years’ experience.
· Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse (CASAC) required.
· Understanding and supportive of a trauma-informed system of care.
· Knowledge of recovery support systems and 12-Step programs.
· Strong interpersonal and engagement skills.
· Strong organizational and time-management skills.
· Ability to support the agency’s mission and philosophy, and demonstrate sensitivity to cultural diversity and workplace harmony.
· Competent technology management skills, including proficiency with using Microsoft Office; and knowledge of client database management.
· The CASAC position is Part-time. Hours worked will be flexible, to include some evenings and weekends that are mutually agreed upon.
· The location for this position is in Brooklyn, New York.
Providence House Inc. is a value driven not-for-profit organization focused on assisting women in building community and transforming their lives. The agency is committed to promoting wholeness and healing…
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Hourly rate is competitive. Benefits include 12 paid holidays, 5 vacation days, 3 personal days and 48 sick hours. Medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, short term and long term disability benefits, life insurance pension benefits, and an Employee Assistance Program.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Hourly rate is competitive. Benefits include 12 paid holidays, 5 vacation days, 3 personal days and 48 sick hours. Medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage…
Please send PDFs or Microsoft Word document of your resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position and where you heard about it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include "Substance Abuse Counselor - Supportive Housing" in the subject line.
Providence House is dedicated to equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. Providence House encourages people of all races, colors, national origins, ancestries, creeds, religions, gender identity, ages, disabilities, veteran status, sexual orientations and marital statuses to apply.
Please send PDFs or Microsoft Word document of your resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position and where you heard about it to email@example.com…