Details: USD 50-70k/ year depending on experience.
475 Riverside Drive
Pure Earth (formerly Blacksmith Institute) is an international non-profit organization dedicated to solving pollution problems in low and middle-income countries, where human health is at risk. Since its inception in 1999, Pure Earth has completed more than 50 cleanup projects in 22 countries.
Hazards of Pollution
Industrial wastes, air emissions, and legacy pollution affect the health of more than 100 million people worldwide. Women and children are especially at risk. Tens of thousands of people are poisoned and killed each year. Others have reduced neurological development, damaged immune systems, and long-term health problems.
Focus on Highly Polluted Places
The priority of Pure Earth is to work in locations throughout low- and middle-income countries where human health is most affected by pollution.
- Assist in development and monitoring of annual work plans, budgets, and associated deliverables;
- Prepare, edit, and disseminate project-related reports and documents, including progress updates, project inception, mid-term, and final documents and reports, blog posts and other social media, and academic articles on research;
- Prepare project contract documents (subcontracts, sub-agreements, purchase orders, and Memoranda of Understanding) as requested;
- Oversee all domestic and international project-related travel processes. Seek any necessary funder approvals and prepare required documentation;
- Work closely with the country and headquarters finance teams to develop, monitor, track and analyze annual, quarterly and monthly expenditures compared to project budgets. Ensure that project budget projections are accurate and expenditures and contracts are properly tracked and documented;
- Review expense reports, cash requests, and timesheets and collaborate with finance staff and country offices to correct any errors identified and all quarterly financial filings are prepared accurately and submitted to funders on time;
- Ensure grants compliance;
- Manage procurement process, serving as headquarters point person as needed in the field, particularly during risk mitigation projects;
- Liaise with field office staff on all operational, technical and project-related concerns including personnel issues, annual reviews, and hiring decisions;
- Facilitate consultant involvement in field work including contracting, expense reports, invoicing, accounts payable, and reporting;
- Participate in proposal writing, budget development, and strategic initiatives for the program team as a whole as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Master’s degree in public health, environmental science, or related field;
- A minimum of 5 years of project management experience;
- Excellent written communication in English;
- Experience in finance, administration, and management, developing and tracking budgets, logistics and operations;
- Experience with US government-funded projects highly desirable;
- General knowledge of environmental health, international development, or related field desirable;
- Comfortable working with remote teams as well as acting independently, multitasking and prioritizing, working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines;
- Ability to work and communicate with a diverse group of people of various nationalities and cultural backgrounds;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including editing and writing skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required;
- GIS or statistical analysis skills highly desirable;
- Fluency in Tagalog, Vietnamese or Bahasa beneficial;
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to travel locally and internationally up to 30% of the time;
- Position is based in an office, requiring sitting at a desk most of the day;
- Field work can be physically demanding in difficult climates;
- Requires lifting of 10-25 lbs. and carrying equipment during travel and field work;
- Position is based in Pure Earth’s New York headquarters at 475 Riverside Drive, New York, NY. Relocation is not funded
Compensation and Benefits
USD 50-70k/ year depending on experience. Standard benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employment
It is the policy of Pure Earth provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
More information available at http://www.pureearth.org/jobs/
Standard benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Tagalog, Vietnamese or Bahasa beneficial
Minimum Education Required