Front-of-House Theater Staff
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Film Society of Lincoln Center, which operates the Walter Reade Theater and Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center, is seeking part-time theater staff. The theater staff team is responsible for monitoring access to our venues and engaging with our film-going public, while also performing numerous duties for the daily maintenance of our venues.
We are seeking outgoing individuals who have experience in customer service and enjoy being part of a team while working with the public in a fast paced arts environment. The ability to stay calm under pressure while maintaining open communication is essential.
- Greeting and directing customers to theaters.
- Accepting and checking tickets
- Assisting customers in finding seats at busy screenings.
- Cleaning and maintenance of the theater buildings and spaces.
- Providing informed answers to questions about FSLC programming, membership benefits.
- Preparing concessions items, making sales and maintaining cleanliness of the concession stand.
- Setting stages for Q&As and appearances
- Stocking and replenishing marketing materials in the various display areas.
- Checking theaters for sound and/or visual problems with the film, audience cell phone usage, audience misbehavior, temperature, and fire code violations.
- Organizing lines of ticket-holders
- Assist House Manager and other employees, as needed.
- Comfortable with financial transactions.
- Comfortable learning new software.
- Superior customer service/customer relations skills.
- Strong organizational, time-management and multi-tasking skills.
- Comfortable being in daily, close contact with members of the public, patrons and filmmakers.
- Maintaining composure in high-pressure, high-visibility circumstances.
- Follow and enforce the policies and procedures of the organization
- Interest and/or background in film a plus
Schedule: This is a part- time position requiring the ability to be available 7 days a week, generally working 3-5 days each week. (There may be exceptions where the hours and days differ). Must have flexibility to work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
ABOUT THE FILM SOCIETY
The Film Society of Lincoln Center is open year round and consists of the Walter Reade Theater and the newly opened Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center. Each venue presents a year-round season that plays to over 250,000 film lovers annually, and includes premieres and runs of new films from an international roster of established and emerging directors; major retrospectives and high profile events such as: New Directors/New Films, Rendezvous with French Cinema, the Human Rights Watch International Film Festival, and the New York Film Festival.
The Film Society of Lincoln Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer, encouraging people of any race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age and ability to apply.
Minimum Education Required