Referral Coordinator (eConsults) - Weitzman Institute - Denver, CO
- Job posted by Community Health Center, Inc.
CeCN's national network of board-certified specialists provides rapid electronic consultations to primary care providers, improving access to specialty care for patients in medically underserved areas of the U.S. Approximately one in four visits to a community health center results in a request for specialty care, so e-consult demand for at-risk patients is booming. By “moving knowledge not patients”, CeCN eliminates geographic barriers to care, reduces health care disparities and leads to significant cost savings, better health outcomes and improved patient satisfaction. Developed by primary care physicians for primary care physicians, CeCN has been selected by government agencies, leading health plans and primary care practices to provide this highly efficient, effective service.
Community eConsult Network (CeCN) is seeking a motivated, experienced individual interested in joining a rapidly growing team of health care innovators improving access to specialty care and reducing inefficiency in the healthcare system. CeCN's eConsult service links primary care providers with specialists in a wide range of disciplines. EConsults are asynchronous, non-face-to-face consultations between a primary care provider and a specialist that utilize secure messaging to exchange information. This process has significant benefits for patients and providers and allows more rapid access to needed knowledge and care -- and quicker triage for patients that may still need face to face care with a specialist. CeCN is expanding nationally and seeking an eConsult referral coordinator to grow and strengthen its eConsult team. The eConsult Referral Coordinator (eRC) is responsible for managing eConsult referrals from CeCN clients across the country. The eRC is charged with the appropriate transmission of eConsults to CeCN specialists and back to the provider in a timely manner. In addition, the referral works collaboratively with the CeCN operations team to monitor quality and seek opportunities to continuously improve the efficiency of service delivery
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures all eConsults are properly entered into the eConsults web based platform in a timely fashion;
- Ensure electronic communications related to eConsults are properly reflected in each participants' EHR systems, as necessary;
- Ensures each eConsults contains all necessary clinical electronic information based on submission guidelines for each specialty
- Reviews eConsults on a daily basis to ensure PCP and specialists response times are within required time commitments. Communicates with providers if and when there are overdue responses;
- Tracks all referrals made at the site for compliance. Follows up with primary care provider and patient as needed;
- Ensures complete and accurate registration, including patient demographics and current insurance information is entered into the eConsult platform
- Ensures eConsults are completed and that consult notes are received and conveyed back to the primary care practice in a timely manner.
- Observes confidentiality and safeguards all patient related information.
- Works closely with the CeCN eConsult team to ensure efficient, high quality delivery of services
- Complies with the program's mandated in-service training workshops.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma, Associates degree required, Bachelor's preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology; prior experience in a medical office setting
- Knowledge of managed care pre-authorization procedures, preferred
- Intermediate level computer skills (including all Microsoft Office Suite and database applications)
- Bilingual in English/Spanish, preferred
- Ability to perform and meet expectations on all patient EMR job functions assigned
Minimum Education Required