Details: Compensation: $13.00 per hour
511 Warburton Avenue
The Hudson River Museum in Yonkers, NY has an immediate opening for a part-time hourly Attendant Guard. As a public-facing staff member of the museum, the Attendant Guard is highly visible and must maintain a decorous environment at all times. Key responsibilities include ensuring the safety and security of all visitors and staff as well as all objects throughout the buildings. All attendant guards must maintain a valid security guard license from the New York State Division of Licensing Services.
This position reports to the Manager of Facilities Operations through the Security and Maintenance Deputy.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Opening/Closing and unlocking/locking of museum facilities, and arming/disarming of security systems
· Staffing the Front Desk during public business hours
· Guarding galleries during public business hours
· Facilitating attendance of visitors to Planetarium shows and museum programs
· Assisting with logistics of group visits, including school groups, as well as internal and outside events
· Attending weekly training/information meetings
· Following the policies and procedures detailed in the HRM Security Procedures Manual
· Such other tasks as may be assigned from time to time
· Willingness to train for fire safety, CPR and AED
Schedule: Saturday and Sunday 11:00 am to 5:00 pm (12 hours per week)
Compensation: $13.00 per hour
Requirements for Attendant Guard candidates:
- Previous security experience
- Valid New York State Security Guard License
- High school diploma
- Candidates must successfully pass ALL pre-employment screenings
- Physical and Mental - Must be in good physical condition, capable of assisting in the lifting of a visitor if circumstances warrant.
- Ability to sit, stand for extended periods of time, walk, stoop, bend, lift and climb stairs.
- Ability to make quick decisions, follow established policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Flexibility to work additional hours as requested during Museum events.
THE HUDSON RIVER MUSEUM (hrm.org) is the largest cultural institution in Westchester County and a multidisciplinary complex that draws its identity from its site on the banks of the Hudson River, seeking to broaden the cultural horizons of all its visitors. Accredited by AAM, The Museum collections focus on 19th-century through contemporary American Art; Glenview, an 1876 house on the National Register of Historic Places; Hudson Riverama, an environmental teaching gallery; a state-of-the-art, 120-seat planetarium, and a 400-seat outdoor amphitheater. It presents exhibitions, programs, teaching initiatives, research, collection, preservation, and conservation – a wide range of activities that interpret its collections, interests and communities.
The Hudson River Museum provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Hudson River Museum complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Minimum Education Required