We are seeking community outreach specialists and organizers to join our team to help us save lives and further reduce gun violence in CT. Emphasis will be on working in the New Haven community. Organizers will work directly with these communities, community leaders, elected officials and grass-roots organizations to advocate for community solutions and common-sense gun laws with a focus on urban gun violence. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are passionate about working with and engaging with diverse communities and are committed to grass roots gun violence prevention. The organizers will work closely with the Executive Director and the Director of Community Outreach as well as survivors of gun violence.
CT Against Gun Violence (CAGV), founded in 1993, is a nationally recognized leader in gun violence prevention, state and federal legislative advocacy, education and grassroots engagement.
CAGV has an outstanding record of achievement in passing smart gun laws, giving Connecticut some of the strongest gun laws in the nation, that have been proven to save lives.
CAGV seeks a candidate with the following qualities and skills:
• One to two years of successful experience in community organizing preferred
• Applicants from New Haven area are strongly encouraged to apply
• Comfortable with being a self-starter and a problem-solver
• Comfortable working with survivors of gun violence
• Excellent communication and written skills
• Strong interpersonal and public speaking skills
• Team player comfortable working in an incredibly rewarding, fast-paced, quickly evolving environment
• Basic computer skills, including ability to use the internet, email, Microsoft Word and Excel required
• Some experience with facilitating meetings and trainings, and/or coordinating coalitions
• Commitment to reducing gun violence
• Valid Driver's License and access to vehicle.
We are seeking community outreach specialists and organizers to join our team to help us save lives and further reduce gun violence in CT. Emphasis will be on working in the New Haven community. Organizers will work directly with these…
Please send current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org