Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM), an internationally recognized presenter of contemporary performing arts and cinema, is looking for our Associate Director, Development Operations and Analytics.
The Associate Director is a key member of the Development team. They will work closely with the Director of Membership and Development Operations to determine best strategies to increase membership and other philanthropic giving at BAM, through the mining of BAM’s CRM database (Tessitura) to determine key indicators for acquisition and upgrade targets. This includes statistical analyses to track the Division’s progress and identify ways to maximize revenue and improve solicitation strategies. The Associate Director will also oversee gift recognition, receipting, and prospect research for the Development Division, with two direct reports.
- Oversee data management, analytics, and analysis for Development Division, to drive data-based strategic direction and decisions to help meet and exceed annual fundraising goals.
- Improve donor and customer intelligence insights (through Tessitura and other BAM data management tools) and refine prospect list building and segmentation strategies.
- Update and maintain an accurate database of prospective and current donor information in Tessitura, facilitate membership cultivation, and help pinpoint prospects for the pipeline.
- Develop systems to ensure data integrity, including effective input and use of development data (conducting staff Tessitura training and building best practice guidelines).
- Ensure gift processing work flow runs smoothly and efficiently in conjunction with the Finance Department.
- Create reports as necessary to update Development Division on membership and fundraising stats (including member count, YOY comparisons, channel performance, renewal rates, etc.), campaign-specific performance, and other fundraising initiatives.
- Use BAM data management tools (Tessitura, T-Stats, BAM Data Lab, Audience 360) for membership and development reporting and analysis, to contribute to acquisition strategy, cultivation efforts, and benefits analysis.
- Work with Marketing Manager for Development on executing digital & print efforts by building and pulling mail/email lists
- Strategize with Director of Membership & Operations and help maintain membership solicitation schedule through coordination of direct mail, Telefund, and email campaigns.
- Oversee the Development Operations Assistant, who generates of all gift receipts and acknowledgement letters for donors and help create a streamlined process.
- Oversee Research Manager, who researches individual giving prospects and develop best practices for creating a streamlined process for the donor prospect pipeline.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience with fundraising/marketing analytics
- Experience with Tessitura and CRM/database management required
- Ability to translate complex data into digestible presentations
- Strong quantitative analytics skills with experience using Excel, SQL, and data visualization tools
- Strong leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple deadline-oriented projects
- Demonstrated leadership and supervision of staff and/or interns
- Highly organized and analytical, with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Personal accountability
- Experience in development operations in a non-profit arts organization
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Be professional, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and a team-player
- Have interest in performing arts, cinema and arts administration
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package including pension.
Application Instructions: must complete an online application through BAM's website - no phone calls, emails or walk ins, please.
See what it's like to work at BAM on Twitter/Instagram: #SceneAtBAM
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Must complete an online application through BAM's website - no phone calls, emails or walk ins, please