2132 Folsom Street
Who we are
Watsi is a health technology startup building a platform to administer health insurance in low-resource settings. We put patients first in everything we do, and are committed to accelerating progress towards universal health coverage.
Who you are
We are looking for an Operations Associate to join our team and serve as the engine that helps the whole organization run smoothly.
You will be responsible for:
- Executing team administrative needs by organizing travel, helping with scheduling, managing internal documentation, and overseeing information organization
- Assisting HR by supporting recruiting efforts, managing onboarding experiences, coordinating logistics for payroll and benefits, and ensuring policies are put into practice
- Contributing to financial processes by screening transactions on our crowdfunding platform for fraud, monitoring bank deposits, and handling invoicing and bill paying
- Owning donor support for our crowdfunding platform by responding to emails, social media inquiries, and phone calls, and coordinating with the team to resolve issues
- Managing our office environment by coordinating with vendors, keeping food and supplies well-stocked, and planning team events
- Working autonomously as well as in close collaboration with both members of our team and external contacts of the organization
We would love to talk with you if:
- You are a self-described “Swiss army knife” who thrives in a dynamic environment and relishes the opportunity to jump in wherever you are most needed in a given moment
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and thrive when asked to figure something out with little supervision
- You are a taskmaster who is satisfied by nothing more than crossing items off a list, seeing projects through to completion, and delivering high-quality products on time
- You are an organized project manager with experience using tools like Asana, G Suite, Harvest, Expensify, and Gusto
- You are an exceptional communicator, both in written correspondence and in-person conversations with teammates and external contacts
- You are equally excited to tackle bite-sized tasks as you are to take on larger special projects, and value the way they are each crucial to our mission
What to expect at Watsi
"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." — Annie Dillard
- You’ll be surrounded by kind and interesting people — we’re proud to have photographers, surfers, rock climbers, musicians, dancers, and Japanese comic aficionados in our midst
- You’ll enjoy flexible working hours, plenty of vacation time, and great benefits — including medical, dental, and vision coverage, parental leave, and 401k with matching
- You’ll work from the heart of San Francisco’s Mission district, where we provide a sunny office, snacks, and fun team events
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If this sounds interesting to you, please email your resume and a note about why you’re excited about the role to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you either way.
We care about building an inclusive team as diverse as the people we exist to serve. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.