We only accept applications through our online portal:
About Mental Health Association of San Francisco (MHASF):
MHASF is a mental health peer-run nonprofit located in downtown San Francisco and serving people and agencies across the Bay Area since 1947. As mental health consumers ourselves, we center the lived expertise of people with mental health challenges in our advocacy, education, and support programs, and believe that dignity and recovery in mental health are something everyone can experience. Our staff is dedicated to creating spaces for learning and healing around stigmatized and under-resourced areas in mental health—hoarding and cluttering behavior; post-hospitalization peer support; mental health and nutrition; peer mental health workforce development, and much more.
Overview of the Position:
Under the direction of the Executive Manager, the IT Manager is responsible for the management, strategy and execution of IT infrastructure, architecture and networks for Mental Health Association of San Francisco (MHASF). A specialization in IT with the proven ability in management information systems, database management technology, computer system analysis and organizational behavior to solve real-world technology challenges is highly desirable. The proven ability to evaluate new technologies for competitive advantages and the application of contemporary business principles to a non-profit mission driven organization is integral to the successful candidate for this position. Technical expertise along with leadership and interpersonal communication skills, and a background in business management from a candidate who can analyze workflows, delegate goals, develop and maintain high performance standards, implement and monitor new projects and make hiring decisions is competitively sought.
TOP 3 RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that MHASF IT infrastructure will aid in the fulfillment of our peer program service goals and contract deliverables
- Support the continued technological development of department staff, volunteers, and interns
- Serve in a broad capacity, managing software and/or hardware installation, troubleshooting systems issues, and consulting with leadership to assess the role IT plays in our organization.
- Oversee technical projects in alignment with organizational goals
- Direct the effective delivery of networks, development, and disaster recovery systems and processes
- Research and recommend new software and hardware products, finding solutions to manage business activities
- Support an organizational team of 100+ employees, working closely with management to accept, troubleshoot, triage, and find solutions for emergent IT needs
- Manage existing relationships and contracts with vendors, including negotiating service requests, project timelines and cross-team workflow
- Prepare financial budgets and present proposals for capital projects to senior management
- Identify new market opportunities
- Lead efforts to improve IT processes, train system users and provide instruction manuals
- Blend an understanding of business needs with an application of technology to design solutions that support organizational efficiency
- Quick to adopt new technology and eager to help others understand and apply it
- Experience setting up switches, firewalls, and Experience with email communication systems routers with Office 365
- Experience with Microsoft Server Administration including Active Managerial and Group Policy
- Strong understanding of common networking concepts DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP
- Helpdesk or IT Services experience
- Setup and maintenance of all computer and peripheral hardware
- Inbound Call Center Management including:
- ACD software
- Customer Relationship Management Application (CRM) integration VoIP System Management and Customization
- Resource Database Optimization
PLATFORMS: Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 Pro, Mac OS
- Assess existing technology, tools and systems and continuously update them to achieve technical and business requirements while respecting and understanding users’ needs
- Support computer system builds with flowcharts and organizational support which maintain deadlines, business standards and budgets on installations
- Establish memory, speed and other technical specifications, monitor network activity and conduct root cause analysis minimizing digital disruptions
- Understand system performance and efficiency through detailed analysis and testing through the running and management of reports
- Create and care for operational applications, development and security and storage of MHASF’s HIPAA encrypted data
The above list is meant to be representative, not comprehensive, and is subject to change depending on the needs and priorities of MHASF.
- Experience supporting a call center and remote work staff, on mobile networks with cybersecurity and cloud computing using HIPAA standards
- Deep familiarity with mental health peer support, recovery resources, consumer empowerment/advocacy and peer workforce development
- Graduate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field is required or 10 years of deep experience
- 5 to 7 years verifiable experience in a related field
- Possess industry expertise to assess IT systems effectively while being open to continued formal and/or informal industry training
- Familiarity with healthcare fields, such as healthcare technology i.e. telehealth
- Collaborative team working style with ability and willingness to learn from others, take
- feedback, and make adjustments to communication and behavior
- Experience taking initiative to self-educate about unfamiliar subjects or concepts
- Affirmative and accepting approach toward people from diverse backgrounds and experiences and a commitment to upholding the mission, vision, and values of MHASF
- Experience working with a State or federally contracted call center.
- Experience managing IT needs of a nonprofit or mental health warm or hotline.
- Experience managing rapid expansion.
We only accept applications through our online portal: